Nude Folder

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
Here is a knife I finished a couple weeks ago. Originally the ribbon was to give some coverage, but the customer asked for some exposure. But I liked how the ribbon gave flow and movement to the design so I kept it. As with all my work I used lines for the hair and scroll shading, and fine dots for the face and body. Thanks for taking a look. -Brian

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey Rex, see what you started in class! We all knew a future Master was at work there, but Brian has come so far so fast it is unbelievable! Great job, Brian.

Bill

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Brian,

This is one of the best examples of bulino "flesh tones" I've seen. Superb subtlety of grey gradation! Fine inlay work also. I like the background variations too, very "painterly"

Mark

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for having a look, I started a step by step tutorial on this knife over on Steve L. forum, but half way through I lost the images off of my camera, so unfortunately there is only about half of what I wanted to show. Gotta love technology at times. But as Mark pointed out flesh tones are difficult to render, getting softness out of steel takes alot of dots and patience.

Now Rex has let my secret out of the bag, I have been using the Pederson's as my reference models. The pic below of the Thermopylae/Sparta knife I am currently working on, clearly illustrates this. There is obviously and unmistakable resemblence between the Spartan and Rex. I guess you cannot keep a secret under wraps for long. Now you all know where to go to get study material.:D

[/IMG]

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yeah I always knew Rex carried a "six pac" under his shirt. Trouble is it has plastic rings holding them together not raw flesh

Good scene Brian

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You know....
I've been trying to come back with some catchy come back but I just can't top that Brian!
Another nice knife!

Latest posts

Sponsors