One hour a day

CRW

Elite Cafe Member
Now that I am only getting to practice for about an hour a day, I have tackled lettering. The hours practice is paying off with a little better control of the graver. I will be so glad when I can sit for hours on end doing this type stuff.
Ya'll have seen my work in the past, do you think there is any improvement? Be honest now! The plate had some pits in it that I did not polish out. This whole line is a little less than 2 inches long.
Have a great evening.
Carl

Attachments

• Carl Wallace Lettering 2 long.jpg
    Carl Wallace Lettering 2 long.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 225

Joe Mason

Elite Cafe Member
You are doing great Carl. Keep practicing. Study your work and make it better the next time. It is good to see someone else here from Mississippi.

Joe

CRW

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Joe.
Thanks for the input, I know I have a lot of practicing to do, but each practice piece seems to be better than the last. I am very critical of my own work so I look for mistakes and try to prefect them in the next session.
WOW!!!!!!! I just looked at your web site, you do some awesome work, very beautiful and perfect. Hopefully someday I can be half as good.
Yes I am on the Coast in Mississippi, I moved here in 97 from Tennessee. I love it here, all but the hurricanes.
Have a great day
Carl

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
CRW, you're not far from where my father was born and raised up, born in Neely and lived in McClain. Know any Moody's around there?

Bill

CRW

Elite Cafe Member
Big-Un
Not really, I hardly know anyone around here. I move to Mississippi in 97 and then was on the road until 2001. I really did not get to meet and socialize very much. Then in order to get off the road I went to work in Slidell, LA which is about 30 minutes from here. I worked so many hours over there that I still did not get to know a lot of people around Diamondhead. I actually know more people around Slidell than here.
I have a good friend from years ago that lives in Franklin, NC, would you happen to be anywhere near there?
Carl

Latest posts

Sponsors