looking for a school in the old ways

mark w koch

hi, my name is mark and i was wondering besides jem city in il if there were any other schools in the us that teach the old non power method of hand engraving still?:confused:

beegee

Elite Cafe Member
Are you looking for push engraving or hammer-and-chisel or both? Short course or apprenticeship?

Martin Strolz

Elite Cafe Member
Austrian schools for engraving

Hello punkerdoodle,

Thanks for recommending Austrian school's! Unfortunately only a few of all the interested people know about these educational opportunities for young persons. You decided well on coming to my country to learn engraving. So what would you think about telling your story or showing some pictures to this community? I would be glad if you could do that. If you dont do it now, I understand because your focus is on studying. Anyway, in years to come your carreer will be a story of success.....I am absolutely sure about that!

Best wishes
Martin

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
At the new approach school in Virginia Jason Marchiafava teaches a class w hand push gravers but no hammer and chisel, it's more for the jewelry trade but it's a great school.
Jeff

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
punkerdoodle, welcome & how did you get that name ????? tira needs to start a thread on how we all got some of our names !! did you hear that, tira ??

Latest posts

Sponsors