Better pictures of Model 60

Raul Hinz

This is a simple engraving and enjoy to cut is S.W model 60 feedback is requested :D

Attachments

• DSCN15031.jpg
    DSCN15031.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 242
  • DSCN15051.jpg
    DSCN15051.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 202

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Raul, This shows some real progress! From what I see, you have pretty good consistency on the scrolls on the cylinder. That tells me you have pattern transfer "down pat". I usually cut a design on a cylinder panel and then "lift" it for transfer to the other 5 panels.
Work on making your scrolls "rounder" and practice shading. Don't just cut lines in the leaves because there's supposed to be lines in the leaves....cut the lines to create depth,contrast and shape to the elements. Easier said than done, but your efforts will be worth the results.

I find that the shape of the grip (looks like a Pachmayr) hides part of the S&W logo---could that be altered somehow?
And for one more comment: You have enough room on this gun to run a single or double line border around everything. I think you'll find that will improve the looks of this gun dramatically.
Lookin' good,man!

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Raul,
The overall design works well with the gun and you are doing well. Just more practice on the shading and cuts which will come with time.
There are a couple of things that show up for me that could be corrected on the next job. The last scroll on the right side (under the cylinder) is coming off the previous scroll the wrong way. This interrupts the flow. Also, the top scroll on the right side doesn't seem to have a "starting point". It should have been connected to the final tendril of the main scroll.
Keep studying, engraving and asking questions and you will do just fine!
Rex

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Hi Raul,
Haven't see you since the Houston NRA show.
Thank you for showinf the Model #60.
They are great little guns to cut, aren't they.
Rex and Brian gave you some good advice.
One other thing that is worth considering.
The scrolls on the cylinder face the back of the gun.
Given a choice, they usually look better facing the muzzle.
But study other engravers work and keep going and you will get there.

Best, John B.

Sponsors