Some of my engraving

Steve223

Elite Cafe Member
Heres some of my engraving such as it is These are Scarf slides. crtique away...
Copper

Sliver

Steve223

Elite Cafe Member
Heres some in silver

Sorry about the picture quality im not a great photographer

Last edited:

Steve223

Elite Cafe Member
A couple more in Sliver

These were done with push gravers either a 45 flat or 43 flat and a 18-10 liner,Some the wriggle lines a re done with 37 or 39 or 41 Flats
Im allmost embarresed to post pictures of my stuff lol

Last edited:

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well, I can see being embarassed by the pictures, but not the work.

A couple of quick tips for the photos are to put the camera on a tripod and to use something to diffuse the light. I know there's at least one small object photography tutorial in the Tips section because I did it. ;)

Shiny things (like silver) are tough to get good pictures of. There are photographers who make their living doing just those kind of pictures so don't feel too bad.

That said, the slides look pretty nice! The ones on the wood background are the clearest shot and look like they're cleanly cut. Design looks nice - not too fancy but lots of shine and bling to catch the eye.

Obviously now you have to do some more. :)

Tom Curran

Elite Cafe Member
As said before, your work looks great, it really does.

The photos, though need help. Digital cameras are notorious for picking whatever they want to focus on. In your photos, the camera is picking the background material(woodgrain). If you have your manual, see if you can do a 'center focus', then the camera will focus on whatever is in the center of the screen.

Also if you lift your piece up off the background a couple of inches, that will help the camera decide what's closest, and therefore it will pick that to focus on. You will have better luck shooting one piece at a time, on a smooth featureless background. I say featureless, because you don't want to give the camera any reason to focus on woodgrain, weave of cloth, grains of sand, etc.

Keep up the good work, and I'm glad you posted you slides.

Steve223

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the photo advice guys ill try what you sugested for the next pics.....Im off to build a set of headstall silver.
Steve

bronc

Elite Cafe Member
Steve,
Really nice work. I hope you will post pics of your bridle silver when it's finished.

Best wishes,
Stewart

Latest posts

Sponsors