saddle silver

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Joe,

Your work is so nice it is a shame that you are a mystery to most of us since there is nothing in your profile. Please tell us something about your background in engraving and tack.

Thanks,

Roger

jcsilver

jcsilver

Well I use to train show horses, as my father did. He also made bits and spurs as a hobby. I've been playing with this as a hobby most of my life. The last nine years I've been making a business of this. Didn't want to be a old broke down horse trainer. I'm in reining horse industry, and I'm located in Whitesboro, Texas. I have a shop beside a tack store which is one of the main ones in the reining world called Kyle Tack. I do lots of saddle silver for them and another saddle maker who sends lots of saddle to Europe. I'm going to have a website built around the first of the year, hopfully. I also do some high end show headstall with a leather guy who is one of the best I've seen, his name is Travis Stillison. He also helps push me to keep coming up with new stuff and not keep doing the same old stuff. Joe

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I was wondering how you did the peice on the inside of the gullet. I am guessing you made a pattern first, then engraved it. Then did you hammer it around the front of the gullet or just bend it with your hands? What guage did you use? It sure is some work anyone could be proud of!! Seth

jcsilver

jcsilver

I use to use 20 ga sterling and hammer it around from a flat piece. I now have made myself a press and I have a jig I press the main bend with and there is still a little hammering to be done. With the jig I can use overlay, still use 20 ga

Christine

I understand the importance of confidentialty,but can you say if this will be used in the pleasure horse arena, the cutting pen or what? Being more of a horseman than an engraver I am really drooling over this work!!!!

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
JC, does a man named Vern still own Blue Ribbon Tack? I will tell you straight up. DON'T get involved with blue ribbon tack. You will not be happy with his business ethics.

Christine

I thought the "blue ribbons" he references are the pleasure horse crowd. Hope he straightens us out. I'm the cuttin gang. My best pony was a own son- Cutter Bill - Freckles Playboy heritage. The most brains in a stallion I've ever seen. Happy trails!!!

Latest posts

Sponsors