saddle silver

jcsilver

Hello, I wanted to post pics of this saddle ( gullet plate, skirt corner plate and housing corner plate ) look forward to any feed back. Thanks Joe

Attachments

• jareds gullet plate.jpg
    jareds gullet plate.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 373
  • jareds housing corner.jpg
    jareds housing corner.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 332
  • jareds skirt corner.jpg
    jareds skirt corner.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 338

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi Joe,

Very beautiful work. I really like the way you have some of the flowers half hidden or trailing off the edge of the design. It adds a lot of interest. :)

castagnos&s

jc, Wow! that is very nice your flowers are amazing could you let me in on the secret of how you cut them? they have more depth and realism than just about any I have seen. Also are you using liver of sulfur to antique with? Once again very nice work. Mike

loyd freeman

Beautiful work,Are the plates silver or other metal. I am having another saddle made at this time and would like to see any other pictures of your saddle. This is fine art and I am sure the finished saddle is most impressive. Loyd

jcsilver

jc, Wow! that is very nice your flowers are amazing could you let me in on the secret of how you cut them? they have more depth and realism than just about any I have seen. Also are you using liver of sulfur to antique with? Once again very nice work. Mike

Thanks, nothing speacial I just bright cut left and right between petals and lay it down towards the outside. I come back the same way to the center and just cap the end of the petal. I never really like my flowers because the always seemed the blend in and they told me to just keep cutting them.

jcsilver

Beautiful work,Are the plates silver or other metal. I am having another saddle made at this time and would like to see any other pictures of your saddle. This is fine art and I am sure the finished saddle is most impressive. Loyd

It is silver overlay. This is the first saddle that I have done with the black background. I have a few with just conchos and dee with the black, Thanks Joe

jcsilver

jcsilver

No, I'm just using and oxider then black permanment marker the buff off with a pink silecone wheel. I'm still trying to find something that silver polish won't remove

Christine

Just WOW-- hope you are doing the bridle and breast collar to match. Bet this is going on a megabuck pony!
Beautiful!

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
As already said many times....beautiful work. There is a richness to it making it very pleasing to the eye.

Thanks for posting it.

PEter

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
What can I say Joe? Will beautiful do?

Are you making the ornaments yourself?
Ron S

Latest posts

Sponsors