Transferring image with parchment (baking) paper and laser printer

Mario Sarto

Elite Cafe Member
Transferring image with parchment (baking) paper and laser printer
Someone from the forum ask me, how i do this. Because my english is not very well, i hope with your help we could explain it together.

For example i use a coat of arms (from my boss, known under the name of wife). Picture above shows the original paint on parchment.
After editing with coreldraw i print it on a normal sheet of paper (picture below)

The next picture shows the parchment paper i use. This paper normaly used for baking. It is coated with silicone on both sides and it's heat resistant to 220° Celsius.

A close-up - you can see the structure.

I cut a piece of it - larger as the print.

Then i have to fix it over the print done before on the sheet of paper. The plastic tape shown below is not very useful. Because of the heat the laser produced it come off easily.

Some people turned off the heating - i can't do that so i found another resolution. I use a tape made of paper, such as used varnishing things. The heat of the printer does not matter.

Mario Sarto

Elite Cafe Member
Ready to feed the printer

Result after print

Removing this tape is easy

A close-up

Now comes a part that could be different to other methods. I use a fixative used for paintings with pastel(chalk).

I sputter it filmy on the surface of the plate. After a few seconds it is dry and clear.
Printed side down the parchment paper finds it position on the plate.

With a burnishing tool i slide over the paper. Doing that the toner transfers completely to the surface.

Watching the process by lift up the paper.

All done

Mario Sarto

Elite Cafe Member
Next step i sputter again some fixative on it.

After drying i can rub with my fingers on it.

Want to remove it? Yust use some ethyl alcohol.

end

J Saville

Elite Cafe Member
Mario,

Thanks for the information.
My wife happened to have some parchment on hand, and I just tried it.
This worked much easier than the Laser printer with acetone. It beats using the transparancy paper too.
The transfer happened with very little effort!

Thanks again.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
mario: i am curious about your paper tape. what kind of tape is it ? i have yet to find any tape that will stick without the superglue. where do you get this paper tape, please ?

Mario Sarto

Elite Cafe Member
where do you get this paper tape
Here in Germany i get it in a store that sells things like (paper)hangings, carpeting and paint. This paper tape is normaly used when painting for example two different paint (colors) on a wall where you need an exactly straight line. You can overpaint the tape and then remove it easily. Sadly i dont't know the word for it in English. It is really made of paper.

J Saville

Elite Cafe Member
Mario,

It is usually called Masking Tape. I tried the blue variety from Home Depot, which is supposed to be easy to remove. It worked just fine. I also tried Scotch tape, and it worked as well, but didn't peel off after going through the printer.

Thanks again forthe great Tutorial.

Latest posts

Sponsors