Who's going to Reno?

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'll be heading out in the morning for Reno. Looking forward to seeing all of you there! Don't forget about the "members social" Thursday evening from 5:00 to 7:00. An added note!! Be sure to check at the elevator for proper room number! I think there has been some changes to what I sent out in the newsletter. Won't know until I arrive.
Have a safe trip and see you there!
Rex

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My plane doesn't arrive until 8:30 PM, long after you "senior citizens" ;) retire for the night so just shove the cooler out in the hall for me...:rolleyes: I'll try to leave a few.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The time has come...the plane is waiting and I'm walking out the door......dang.it's not even 6AM yet....to all of you that are coming to Reno, have a safe trip and I'll CYA there

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Marty,
I too am headed for the door and the airport. We Reno Birds will be thinking about how much you will miss our smiling comments on this fun forum. Thanks again Sam:) Wish you were going to be there.

Yves Halliburton

Elite Cafe Member
Y'all have a great time and bring back some great info for the forum. While Rex and Tim are doing all the drinkin, I will be in the woods, in 22 deg weather, in a sleeping bag camping with my son and the Boy Scouts. No booz allowed. I HATE YOU GUYS!!!!

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
From a former scout leader, there is no better time in your life than to go winter camping with the boys.
Still I'd rather be in Reno to Yves. Oh well, I'll be there in 2008. Have a good camp.

Jim

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Some of my best times were winter camping with my son when he was a lad (he's 35 now). However I am glad that I'm going to Reno. We have 6 inches of snow on the ground and it is cold. Can't wait much more.

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Have a good time for me, Sandy. Take lots of pictures. Talk to when you get back.
Jim

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
As I thought, the room number has changed. The new location is 3140.
Please spread the word!
Rex

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Jim
I'm taking my camera and laptop with me. Hopeto be able to post some pictures by friday evening. Aren't yu going to Japan sometime soon?

Dmitry Martinov

Elite Cafe Member
I hope you guys will bring us a lot of pictures from Reno !?!? I wonder that is it possible for Sam make some special place for putting there pictures.

P.S. from russian with love :)

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Dmitry,
I will put as many pictures of the show on as I can. After the show I'll send Mr. Sam a CD with a lot of pictures.

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Sandy,

Ya, first two weeks of March. Should be pretty cool. I got a couple of
leads on things to see. Have a good time in Reno. Talk to you later,
Jim

James Wark

Hello Sandy,

I would love to see pictures of the Fine engraving at the show. Of course anything from the forum regular like Ron N, Marty R, John B. It would be great to see what Ron Smith brought to the show, or what Eric Gold has this year. I guess, any photos would be great, I was there 2 years ago, its a great time and really enjoy being back in Reno. I went to school in Susanville CA about 90 miles north. It would also be neat to see some photos of the mountains. There's just so much to see at the show, I would recommend it to anyone, its worth the trip.
thanks in advance
Jim

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
What James said would be okay, and everything else too. Close ups of everything. This will probable make the 2008
twice a big. So shoot away, and thanks Sandy.
Jim

AllanFink1960

Dare I ask what show is in Reno? Is there a website for it or anything? I was kind of hoping someone would mention it. But I spose its one of those things where if you have to ask, you wouldnt understand. :)

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Oh boy, you don't know what show is going on in Reno. Have you notice you could shoot a canon off in this
place and not hit anybody. The FEGA show is there this weekend. Firearms Engraving Guild Of America Show.
It's the biggie. If your engraving, you want to show your stuff there. I'm not going this year because
I'm already book for Japan. But next year, I expect to see you there Allen.

To find the site, look higher in this thread, Rex gives the site.
Jim

Last edited:

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Jim,
I have taken a lot of pictures. I have to resize them to post them. I am also sending a disc to Sam so he can work his magic. My wife has been giving me the eval look and if I don't take her to dinner she is going to make my life....well you know. Here is a pic of a floor plate done by Mark Smith. I'll do some more after dinner. Sorry she is beating on me.

Attachments

• P1260003 (Small).JPG
    P1260003 (Small).JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 36

Latest posts

Sponsors