Who's going to Reno?

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Are you saying that we are a bunch of old farts??
:)
Seriously, my report in the latest newsletter (mailed out on Tuesday) addresses this point. None of us are getting any younger and the future belongs to the youth. I encourage anyone to stop by and offer a hand during the show or consider getting more involved in FEGA. You don't need to be a top notch engraver, just have the want to see FEGA continue for another 25 years. I also hope to see all you members BRIGHT AND EARLY for the annual meeting Saturday morning!

dclevinger

Elite Cafe Member
Having old farts around is good. It keeps us punk kids in check.:cool:

Rex, for those who either will miss the newsletter or don't yet get it, who should we see about volunteering a helping hand? I'll be there early Saturday but I can't promise to be bright. David

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
David,
Ask anyone that looks old and weary!! :)
Actually check at the FEGA Booth.
And yes Andrew, we'll settle for one or the other! The problem with a show, meeting, awards and seminar is that time is a premium. I think everyone would like a meeting later but we don't want people to be away from tables.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Both Rex and David are right on about younger members to carry on the Guild.
David is a real quality person and highly skilled in both engraving and people skills.
I look forward to seeing him become even more involved with the care and feeding of our orginization in the future.
Rex, thank you for great, steady leadership this year.
And to all the rest that put in so much valuable time to make it go.
Thank you all, see you soon. John B.

msar24

I'll be there too, starting on Thursday evening and staying past the end of the show. I'll be at the FEGA table making life easier for Rex. :D

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Rex,
I am an old fart. But I have the heart of a young lion. My wife said she is going to the spa, doing the slots, going to the spa. What can I do to help at the show? Anything I can do to help I will be glad to do it. Just let me know. We arrive around noon on friday.

Mr. John B.
Can we have a drink and talk about the summer of 1987 and Trinidad?

msar24

Sandy,

Sounds like my wife. We've been going to Reno each year for a skiing vacation for the last few years. So having the FEGA show during ski season was a plus. The kids will hit the slopes and my wife will hit the spa, etc. I'll be at the show from start to finish. If there's time after Monday I might hit the slopes.

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
msar24,
My wife made me make her spa reservations back when I made the hotel resevation. Last time I was in Reno it was 1987 at the FEGA gunmakers show back then. I really enjoyed it then hope it has not changed. See you at the show.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Mr. John B.
Can we have a drink and talk about the summer of 1987 and Trinidad?[/QUOTE]

Sandy, my word!
Are you the Sandy, the Marine D.I. that ran to the top of the mountain in Trinidad, Colorado each night??
One way or another I'm sure we can find a way to avoid snake bite by taking the cure.
I'm getting a bit old and light-weight in that department any more.
But I know my buddy Andrew can hold up his end of the deal. Let's do it.
Best regards, sure hope I have the right Sandy remembered!
Because that Sandy could put a serious hurt on anyone who messed with his D.I. hat.
John B.

Sorry Sam, a little off of the engraving theme. John.

Last edited:

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
John, You are on the nail. Only it was the Army. My running days are all over. Had a miss-hap at my bread and butter job a few years back. see you in reno. Sure am wishing I had spent more time in your class. Looking forward to the time we share.

sorry sam, just old friends saying hi.

Last edited:

dclevinger

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you for the kind words John. It really means a great deal to me. Darcy sends her love and we'll see you soon. David

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sandy. Yes, I still feel like I'm that young kid attending my first FEGA show but I just don't look like it anymore...
Stop by the FEGA table and we'll find something for you to do.
Thanks!

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Hi,
So, I had a choice to go to Reno or Japan. It's going to be Japan this year. In 2008 I will be going to Reno.
Jim

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
This show is held at the Silver Legacy Hotel. You will never regret attending if you can make it.

Sponsors