microscope

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I'm not familiar with the zeiss stemi dv4, but I've used the stemi 2000 and it's incredibly bright, sharp, and EXPENSIVE. Is the DV4 a zoom microscope? / ~Sam

jacques herbst

Elite Cafe Member
hi sam
i have seen it for $1675. i bought mine 4-5 years ago for stone grading.it says zoom factor 4 if that helps.it all look sharp throughout the range(but i have nothing to compare it to)

Last edited:

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Zeiss is very fine equipment. Sounds like it has a zoom of 4 which is excellent as the Meiji EMZ-1 has a zoom of 3.

If you have the lense and eyepiece configuration that allows the magnification and depth of field suitable to engraving, you probably have as good of a scope as you can hope for.

Another consideration is the stand. Some are much easier to adjust and maintain viewing your work than others.

Peter

jacques herbst

Elite Cafe Member
stand

the stand is a problem,when the ballvice is on the turtable and very off center it hits the stand.i have to make a new stand but for the moment i just use small practice plates so it does not bother me yet.it has 8-32 magnification i have orderd a lens to bring that down 0.5 to give me more room and bigger field of view.

Latest posts

Sponsors