engraved and gold inlayed colt saa

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
here are some photos of anther colt saa i just finished for my customer , i still have 70 more to do for him cased pairs .. thanks ron p

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Good looking gun Ron. He should be very happy with that. The case hardening really makes everything stand out. Beautiful

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
hi Mike .. thanks for your coments , the case hardening and bluing are done by Vicknair Restoration . he does a beautiful job on the refinishing ..ron p

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ron,

Nice job on the gold. Very clean. The interlocking elements add interest.

joseph engraver

Elite Cafe Member
Ron, I assume that you have made molds of the work and you can rubber stamp the design onto the next revolver.
I don't envy the work load you have taken on. It will be interesting to know how you feel at the halfway point and the finish line.

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
hi Lee .. thanks for your coments on my work , i do a lot of studying on the works of Phil Cogan and Lenard Francolini , i do like there styles of gold work and i try to work it into some of my own designs ..

hi Dulltool .. thanks for your coments . it takes me 10 weeks to complete one colt saa. so i will be busy for a while with no regrets i do like the hi $$$$ that this customer is paying ..

hi Joe ,, thanks for your coments , if there is any way i can help you with your inlays just give me a call ..i wont tell your to just keep practicing but tell you how it is done ..

hi Brian .. yes 70 colts ,, this customer has a new idea and it consist of engraving 400 colts .. i told him lets get the first 70 finished then we can talk about the other 400 ..

hey Joe .. how are you doing ..no i haven't made any molds every thing comes from my head and copying from the previous gun ,, it is easy .. as far as the work load goes .. i love it , i engrave every day about 6 to 8 hours a day ..

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
tech questions

Wow! That's some beautiful work! I was just wondering if you have to soften any of the pieces before you engrave, like the hammer, and cylinder. If you do soften them, how do you re-harden. Also, how do you handle the case hardening if the pistol doesn't come in the white. Newbies like me could use all of the advise anyone can offer. Thanks, Seth

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
hi seith .. yes i do soften the frame and hammer before i engrave it , i send it to my gun smith and he does it for me ..

what will i do when i run out of work .. well right now i have a full bench and my one customer wants 400 colt saa engraved when i finish the first 70 he ordered .. i dont think i will see any of the 400 done.. ron p

Kerry Bogan

Beautiful work as usual Ron. It's always nice to see your work and that you continue to work at new techniques.
Kerry
PS: I would also like to know what size gold wire, or sheet?

Latest posts

Sponsors