Savage 22

chuckmc

Hey Guys I am fixing to start engraving on a little single shot Savage same as the old Stevens. I got everthing off except the barrel. I don't want to do like Dulltool and brake something. How do you get the barrel off. Help please. Thanks Chuck

joe seeley

on the newer models the barrel is pressed into the frame, and then pinned. the older models the marrels where threaded int the frame.

joe

chuckmc

Thanks Joe for the reply. I just can't wait to start engraving but I didn't want to screw up. I might try putting the barrel in my vise and let the receiver hang down. Maybe gravity will loosen the barrel by the weight of the receiver. Wish me luck. This rifle is a small frame and very light. By the way I liked your site cool rifles. Thanks Chuck

dclevinger

Elite Cafe Member
You'll definitely want to take it to a good 'smith. They will have the proper barrel vise and an action wrench to prevent damaging it. It shouldn't cost too much and will save you a lot of frustration. Having a damaged action repaired will cost you much more than the gun is worth.

David

Latest posts

Sponsors