just finished gold inlayed bolsters .

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
here are a couple of bolsters i just finished for my customers , they are 24k gold inlayed .. thanks for looking .. ron p.

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
They look Sweet Ron, I really like the layout on the first one!!!! I love your work, Dwayne

Northwest29

Very, very nice looking. I always love to see gold inlay work it's so impressive. How do you blacken the backgound and the areas on the gold area? Approximately how long does it take to do something like this?

(Still a real newbee) -

ARM

Elite Cafe Member
Mr Nott
Very nice, neat and cool.
Will ask U in a couple of months/years, how U did the inlay.
Wait. Hold your horses. Not now.
Not ready for that, yet !!!
Need to crawl first. Thanks for the posting. It's always good to see different beautiful work.
ARM

mtgraver

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Ron,
Beautiful work as always. My question is of the tendrils of gold with the back to the relieved area. I'm assuming there is a thin wall of steel to hold the gold, is that cut laid on the relieved side at an angle to the edge of the gold thinking it would strengthen the wall? Or is it a straight wall?
Hope to cross paths again one day, used to see you in Harrisonburg, VA.
Fare well,
Mark
www.MarkThomas-graver.com

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
thanks to you all for your coments on my work ..

hi Mark .. there is a very thin piece of steel around the gold inlays .

good day Mr. Arm .. thanks you for your comment and yes it is smart to take one step at a time ..

Northwest29 .. thanks also for your coments .. the back ground is blacken with rustoleum flat black ..

Dwayne , i also want to thank you for your coments , when will we see more of your great work ..

thanks again ron p

Latest posts

Sponsors