Winchester 1866

loyd freeman

Here are two pictures of the Uberti 1866 rifle I engraved two years ago, Hope this works.Loyd

Attachments

• Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 268
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 202

HarvestR

Another very nice artwork there. The leaves seems to be ivy, or maybe bindweed ?

loyd freeman

Not sure of the leaves. I took the basic design from an original engraving !866 and modified it some what so that it,s not a copy. The eagle is the national shield on the left ,the right is the president,s shield without the wording around the edge.The top, butt plate and bottom is also engraved with a monograhm LNF ,Thanks for the coments.

HarvestR

Thanks for the precisions (as I'm French, I only recognized the USA shield). Regarding the leaves, no matter what sort of plant they come from, they're really beautiful :)

loyd freeman

Tim,. if you look at the photo section I have a close up of the left side. I am not up to par on putting the photo,s on the web yet and it was the first one that I got to work. I worked on this darn thing for 110 hours and it was my first. The uberti guns are very difficult to get the screws out but the metal is a joy to work with ,very smooth with no hard spots or pits. They have gone up on the price so, at $1100 apiece I don,t think I will engrave another real soon. Thanks for your comment.Loyd

loyd freeman

Scott, come on down any time, we sure have the room and would love to have you visit.I,ve done a few buckles and knives along with some pendents and a few automatics . I still feel like I am not progressing as I would like to but,I am just doing this for fun. It is fun. Your old student. Loyd P.S. I,ll take you flying

Latest posts

Sponsors