three days of fun

Mario Sarto

Elite Cafe Member
Three days of fun are over now - i took this time for my very first try of engaving.
Normally i use a graver to set stones in jewelry. But when i saw the beautiful things you do with it, i think to my self, this must be a joy to learn this.
Of course the results are beyond good and evil but i have to say thank you very much for this great forum and two nights dreaming of scrollwork :)

So here it is:

All was done with a head-magnifier, a 120 degree graver, painting directly with a pencil on the metal. No color in the hollows - silver is (don´t know the word in english) ?sulfided?
My conclusion: going on practice, but first the basics to get much more control over the graver and larger practice-plates - it seems to me my visual acuity going worse ;)

At the end - "Liebling" is called the cue (not mine).

Last edited:

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That is a nice chalk holder. May I ask if they are something that can be purchased?

Nice work for your first couple of days.

Peter

sdcoxx

Elite Cafe Member
Mario,
Three days of fun... You are HOOKED, now....
Well Done!!!
Very Creative.... This NOT the work of a beginner.....
Thanks for sharing,
Stephen

Mario Sarto

Elite Cafe Member
Tira, thank you for your encouraged assessment.

Peter, i am pleased you like it. I don't know, if chalk-holders like this are sold somewhere. The only ones (in silver) i found on the web have a loop at top and the material is very thin. I don't like them because that is not a usefull design for me and the manner i play the game. I need the whole surface to chalk the tip.
Certainly you like to have a blank exemplar to engrave it with your own disign - if you can't get one elsewhere let me know - i'll build you one.

Stephen, i'm afraid so. Every time closing my eyes i only see scrolls ;)
I hope it was ok to post this. I like you know that your fantastic works are very inspiring and they are great pattern to follow.

Mario

Andrew Biggs

Hi Mario

A great little project ....well done!!!

You've created a very unique and personal item. I hope there are many more to come.

Just keep at it and learning as you go ...........and you'll be fine :)

Cheers
Andrew

Mario Sarto

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Andrew!
That is amazing - even your Sterling Silver cuff bracelets (especially the bracelet what tells the story of Tane - i love this from the point in time you post it) assured me to give this handcraft a try. I really hope i can get there in a few jears.

Thank you very much, Mario.

Latest posts

Sponsors