Intro

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Arm

Kevin and Heather Harvey at Heavin Forge in Pretoria might be able to help you out. I was in Lee's Intermediate class with Kevin this past June (Heather was across the hall in a Basic class). You probably already know them but you may not have known they're engraving.

Glancing at a map they look to be around 600kms from you so hopefully there's someone a bit closer, but at least they're on the right continent. ;)

Christine

Arm, I really enjoyed your site. I wish the knives issued to our Sheriff's department were half as nice. All the best and welcome to a great group.

ARM

Elite Cafe Member
Arm, I really enjoyed your site. I wish the knives issued to our Sheriff's department were half as nice. All the best and welcome to a great group.
Ma'am
You are much too gracious.
Thank YOU kindly for honouring us with a visit.
Tis a nice feeling belonging to goodly fraternity as THE CAFE.
Take care
ARM

ARM

Elite Cafe Member
Arm

Kevin and Heather Harvey at Heavin Forge in Pretoria might be able to help you out. I was in Lee's Intermediate class with Kevin this past June (Heather was across the hall in a Basic class). You probably already know them but you may not have known they're engraving.

Glancing at a map they look to be around 600kms from you so hopefully there's someone a bit closer, but at least they're on the right continent. ;)
KC
Hi
They are in Belfast, not Ireland. :)
With THE CAFE each one of us is just as close as the screen we are looking at !!!
Yup. Did know Kevin was into engraving and taking classes at GRS.
Glad Heather is doing the same. Will tell her to work on Bits and Spurs. She loves Horses.
Used Heather's beautiful Damascus to make a medieval Dagger. Gun Blued it to finish multi-coloured.
Cool. Real Cool! Check it out !!!
ARM

ARM

Elite Cafe Member
KC
thank U for the compliment and forget not, thanks to HEATHER !!!
Can't exactly recall the length. Should be as about as U say.
Heather called the Damascus "LADDER and FLASH".
The chemical Gun Blueing process really brought out numerous rainbow colours on the blade. That's what i liked about her damascus and blueing it.
Won't forget the blueing process though.
Had this drop of hot liquid fall on my ankle, between the tongue of the boot, and boy oh boy, did it sting !!!
Left a pretty sore for days.
There's a point on the Knife where the thin Nickel line criss-crosses to form a lightning flash.
I was lucky to get it centred perfectly on the Blade. Looks real cool - without blowing my own trumpet !!!
Just as a matter of interest, this MEDIEVAL DAGGER won an award at our 2006 Knifemakers Guild show. I guess the Judges thought like U did that it was good enough !!!
Nice talking Knives with U.
Will like to talk engraving with U soon.
Kindest regards and take care.
ARM