New works

nhcowboy1961

Elite Cafe Member
Hi all, thanks to a beautiful buckle Greg Pauline posted a short while ago, I was inspired to work out some of his ideas into my own work and have a nice spur strap buckle and concho set. I'll be giving these away to PBR bull rider Adriano Moraes as a retirement gift this weekend so am happy I was inspired to make something worthy of an accomplishment like that.
The buckle is all steel overlaid in nickel and bright cut with a 120 graver and 44 flat and the same for the concho. Actually the concho is steel with silver overlay, and now I know how to make those cool little spheres and engraved them too-piece of cake! Thanks to what I learned from my GRS course this past spring with Diane Scalese and this forum I'm able to now make what I only dreamt about in the past. Thanks to all here for the information and inspiration-my work excels as well as it can as a result :)
Paul

Attachments

• ss2.jpg
    ss2.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 238
  • ss1.jpg
    ss1.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 191

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Paul!!!
I think the buckle is GREAT!! I like the spurs too, but you usually do more metal. These are pretty special though.
Keep up the good work, and keep posting...I enjoy looking at your work.
Will

cowboy_silversmith

Elite Cafe Member
Paul~ I am glad to know that you were inspired by the buckle I made. Your work noticeably improves
with each piece that you fabricate and engrave. I am sure Adriano will express his pleasure and thank
you for this very nice set.

Best regards,
Greg Pauline

Latest posts

Sponsors