The Legend Of Arthur

RT Bit and Spur

Elite Cafe Member
Brian
Your work has so many elements in it that I like. I try to study little sections of it. Each one blows my mind. Where in Idaho is Midvale?
Rod

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Brian,

It is so generous of you to share this wonderful knife engraving with us! Quite inspiring in every way, thank you.

In your design process, I admire your journey to find an ivy/grape pattern you could truly call your own, in the midst of many patterns used by other imminent engravers, so thank you also for writing about that.

As a matter of fact, in your short story about having an insight while fishing, you are following one of my favorite Arthurian tales of enlightenment:

The knights are gathered around the round table with Arthur, when suddenly, above the table, the Holy Grail appears for all to see, but, it appears half shrouded by a veil, so not fully revealed. The knights are spell bound. Soon the vision disappears, leaving the knights in silence and astonishment. Galahad leaps up upon the table and addresses them, "I propose a quest! Let each of us prepare, and set out upon a venture and never stop until we find and see the Holy Grail fully revealed!"

The quest is taken up by all.

As a footnote, this was added....

"But, lest it be thought a disgrace, let each one enter the dark forest by a path of their own choosing"

Nice path, Brian!

Best

Rod

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Nothing less than spectacular. This is killer engraving, and there's no doubt you'll take the knife world by storm with work like this, Brian. This is the kind of work you can enjoy studying for a long time as there's a lot going on. Wonderful!!!

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I am the proud owner of this work of art and I must say that it was a pleasure working with Brian on this project. He has great ideas and is open to input...letting me know if the input is appropriate to the spirit of the project as well as the artistic and technical requirements needed to complete the project in an appropriate manner. It was a wonderful process and I feel as though my contribution mattered while knowing all along that it was only a minor piece of the whole. Brian was great to work with and I am excited about receiving the finished piece once it is professionally photographed.

It is really cool to have a vision and not only watch it come to fruition but exceed the original vision that one had in one's own minds eye.

Hi Mark! :)

Sounds like we owe you some thanks as well for being the patron behind this bit of beauty.

As you can see from this thread, Brian has indeed produced a treasure for you. I'm sure you'll be spending many happy hours studying it.

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
Mark has had to exercise patients on this project, not only for me to complete the piece which as I said was only about a month or so, but now that is finished, he now has to wait for the photography to be completed. I know he is in mild agony.

RT, Midvale is NW of Boise about 90 mi.

Rod, I think you know the story better than I, thanks for the kind words.

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
I just received these from Jim Cooper, who did a great job capturing everything and getting it all on one page, not easy. He picks up details that I do not with my limited photo skills. Anyway, thanks for looking. -Brian
[/IMG]

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
Brian, Great !!!
Nice photos, but they cannot compare to looking in person and touching...
Loveitt...
Jerry

Latest posts

Sponsors