extreme gun decoration

Martin Strolz

Elite Cafe Member
The idea and concept of this rifle is clearly a creation of Mr. Mueller. I would like to point out that Cafe member Frank P has the pleasure of working in the company of Mueller Murgenthal as an engraver. Finally I have to say that it makes me proud that in the past Mr. Mueller has prefered employing alumni of HTL-Steyr as well.
Martin

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Chris, welcome to the Café.
I was thinking about posting my opinion or not, but I cannot resist the temptation, so...
I do not know you guys but I do not like this gun at all, it is seems to me awful!
Surely the workmanship is amazing and, based on the Martin Strolz comments, the artist is also a recognized one. I am not talking about this kind of things. Simply, I think that a gun is a gun IMHO.
Regards, Leonardo.

Last edited:

Steve Adams

Elite Cafe Member
I am neither a gun or knife engraver, but even so can judge if I like something or not. My initial reaction was much like that of Leonardo. I am glad someone else said it before me. I agree the craftsmanship is amazing, imagine the skill and time required to complete this. There must be more than a few who find this is not their cup of tea though. Again, the work itself is masterful, but for me it is too much? Maybe that was the point. I had not intended to comment on this until I saw Leonardo's comment. Not wanting to leave him hanging out there alone, I at least wanted to give my shared similar opinion. I want to point out that we are all allowed to like or dislike. Regardless of disliking something, we can still appreciate and respect the artistry and craftsmanship involved. There is nothing wrong with this masterpiece, but like most art, some will like it, some will not.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Not to let Steve and Leonard hang out there alone...I think the workmanship is awesome, but not on a gun. I picture it on a Harley Davidson motorcycle.

gail.m

Elite Cafe Member
This is like a picture of Ted Nugent wearing hand made Belgian lace. I can appreciate the lace, but not on Ted! Something commisioned by someone that only has money, not good taste.
gailm

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
JJ ... are you assuming that skulls and naked chicks is a Harley thing?

You might not be too far off if this gun was commissioned by Axel Rose.

Here's a bike that was inspired by H.R. Giger. A 1991 Harley Fatboy. The owner wants a lot more than any sane person should pay for 1991 Evo. Not the greatest canvas for such fine, hand sculpted stainless. .... but then again, there's something to be said for fully functional art that does more than just collect dust.

http://www.notwharley.com/

-----

On this rifle ... the open-work, filigree buttplate is fantastic. Engraving in three dimensions is the future. What a great work of art as we truly see what the artist is seeing.

Later..............

Last edited:

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you friends! It was great knowing that I am not alone talking about my taste on guns.
Anyway I would like to encourage Chris Atkinson to keep posting on the forum. It was only a matter of likes and dislikes and I found other guns following that link that looks really nice.
Cheers, Leonardo.

Charlie

Elite Cafe Member
Well, Thank You Chris. I am new here also.

I did enjoy looking at this piece of work.

I don't think it would be productive, or contribute anything to say;
whether I like, or don't like this gun.

Few men on this earth has the skill and detication to accomplish such a task.

In the mean time, I'm gonna build myself a chasing hammer.

Was gonna post a picture.

Not sure now.

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Charlie, I hope you do not feel intimidate for the opinions shared in this post regarding this gun. Some times the worst opinions are more helpful than the good ones helping to improve us.
I really would like to see your chasing hammer... although I hope you do not set a lot of diamonds on it!:D
Best regards, Leonardo

Last edited:

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think it's a gorgeous piece of work, but I prefer guns to gun shaped sculptures. The distortion of the barrel means that it could never be safely fired. In fact, I hope they removed the firing pin just in case the patron who commissioned this does indeed have a lot more money than sense.

Latest posts

Sponsors