Combo Pencil & Computer layout.

Jim Sackett

Elite Cafe Member
After wasting a lot of time trying to build a monogram on the computer I revertted to the old No 2. Next step trace layout and lighten computer lines to make the monograms pop out.

Any suggestions on how to engrave the monos to stand out would be appreciated. Its going on a brass plate for a wall plaque. All suggestions and comments appreciated.

Jim Sackett :)

POP.JPG

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jim

Looks pretty good! :)

I also quickly found out the easiest way for a lot of things is to draw with a pencil, ink for contrast, and scan (while the scanner may struggle with pencil lines it's great with ink).

First thought that pops into my mind is to use one of the solutions to antique the brass before you engrave. that way the cut lines should have a much higher contrast. If you lightly lacquer the plate after you're done then the lines should stay bright and the surface dull(er).

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jim,

God knows I'm no great designer, but I understand the concept your going for. I find the "2 became" very distracting in their current form. I would suggest that you "taper" the word to the same vanishing point that the Numerals above and the word "One" below, are set to. I should give you better balance.

Mark

Sponsors