My New Webb Page

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Firstly Jim, are your prices quoted per letter or per monogram? I hope it's per letter (hand engraved) otherwise it's way too cheap! My wife had to get a trophy machine engraved (I refused to do it) for our tennis club. It equated to about $37 for the setup and first 10 letters and around $1.80 per letter after that. That was for small, pantographed block letters! I put my prices up when I collected it from the engraver!!!

Secondly, I would advise against using a photograph with letters photoshoped out. It looks horrible, like you've Tipexed out a mistake. When you first published the picture of the collection plate on the forum it didn't take too many brain cells to reconstruct the inscription, so why bother trying to blank a few letters? The name will mean nothing to the vast majority of people. What they want to see is that you can engrave.

Finally, monograms are fairly complex things to get right. Make sure they are designed and cut well; Dover books do a great book on monograms and it's well worth using for ideas. A hand cut monogram takes time both in the execution and in the acquisition of the skill set to cut them well. Price them accordingly. If I get an order for 3 letters on a gunstock oval I charge double the price of 3 normal letters if the client wants it as a monogram.

good luck!

Keith

Elite Cafe Member
Jim,
Your page is too wide to fit on my 23 inch monitor. I have to scroll left and right to see the whole page. Same on my mac.
The prices are too low. I machined engarved an offering plate and got 85.00 for it and they gave me a 20.00 tip.
Raise your prices, why work for free.

Keith Pedersen

www.keithpedersen.com

Latest posts

Sponsors