Colt Junior slide

Dulltool

Elite Cafe Member
Hey guys....
Here is a slide I just finished. It's from a 1958 Colt Junior .25 auto. I seem to be developing my own engraving style which pleases me but I must admit that I've been influenced by Weldon and his wonderful offerings. I also love the french grey finish treatment that I learned about, here.

Thanks again Sam & Abigail for this site,

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Nice job, Dennis.
You designed something that works very well in the limited space on the flat sides.
And the ribbon and flower thing is a clever touch, especially on the ejection port side.
These can be difficult areas to design for without going to small scale scrolls.

Best wishes, John.

beegee

Elite Cafe Member
I don't know much about engraving, but to me that says "1958 Vintage." it seems to fit the lines and scale of the pistol.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Thanks for all the compliments.... I just sold this for $380 :).....I can feed my family for another week!!!!

Hi Dennis,
Was $380 for the work, or a bare slide?
I sure hope it was not for a complete little gun.
They are worth quite a bit more than that, especially engraved.
But the main thing is that you are happy with the price.

Best regards, John B.

Dulltool

Elite Cafe Member
John,
The $380 was just for the slide. This was a used (but nice) slide that I bought ($25). I also got the engraving gig for the customers frame that he bought the slide for.... plus a complete older Colt .32 pocket pistol (I think he said it was a model 1908) that he would liked engraved to match :) :) I'll take pictures to share when finished.

loyd freeman

Hi Dennis,I just finished engraving a small 25 cal. auto for a friend,I don,t remember what make,it was steel and engraved quite well.Your engraving and design gives me a idea to do another for him. He has three more but ,I think one more similar to your design would work very well. Keep up the good work,I like your style. Best regards ,Loyd

Latest posts

Sponsors