View Poll Results: Are you a musician? Check all that apply.

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • I play a stringed instrument.

76 53.90%
  • I play a woodwind instrument.

9 6.38%
  • I play brass instrument.

10 7.09%
  • I play a keyboard instrument.

13 9.22%
  • I'm a percussionist.

11 7.80%
  • I'm a vocalist.

21 14.89%
  • I could play an instrument if I knew which end to put in my mouth.

9 6.38%
  • I sing, but it has been compared to a dog with its leg caught in a fence.

24 17.02%
  • I play the radio/cd player like a pro.

44 31.21%
  • I play swinette (google description).

1 0.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default guitar

I plunk around on the guitar a bit, mostly for my own amusement, but everyone else that hears me is probably pretty amused too.

Post Thanks / Like

If ya play guitar as well as you wear a hat, you must be awesome!
    Abigail

Post Thanks / Like

Well,........... I'm a little shy and that is why I wear a hat, but maybe I'll get to play with you guys sometime, only trouble is, I play mostly rock and roll......can you believe it? You guys are really good and a bit intimidating. I would probably forget the words. I like the guitar though, it is my therapy when I have time for it. I like about all music however and enjoyed listening to you guys. Made me want to get up and dance!
    Ron S

Post Thanks / Like

OK Ron, I thought I knew a lot about you but I would never guess a Texan that wears a hat cowboy hat plays mostly rock and roll!
    Now you gotta tell me what some of your favorite songs/bands are.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, you know, Elvis, Ricky nelson, Chuck Berry,......Kinda puts me in a certain age group doesn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

I must have done something wrong. I'm getting a quick reply message so i can reply to me and i am having to log in to answer the other messages. Did I mess up your forum? Yeeeooow!
    Ron S

Post Thanks / Like

I have been holding off on answering this and don't know why, guess I'm lazy. I started playing my Dad's 1954 Fender Esquire (a Tele without the front lipstick pickup) when I was about 6 and got my first one at 8 and played some Johnny Cash back then. I'm 42 now and still have that old Fender.

In 1985 I was busted up in a mountaineering accident pretty bad and decided during those 2 months in a hospital bed with 11 broken bones that I would set out to fulfill a dream once I got back in the swing of things. I always wanted to be the "utility man" and play Banjo, Mandolin, Fiddle and Guitar. In my 20's I got into Bluegrass and ain't never got out of it! I learned to play the fiddle some but wouldn't dare do it in front of folks, too ashamed. I used to play mandolin a lot. I had a banjo and traded it and a shotgun for a Colt Combat Commander 45ACP. I got a lot more use out of the pistol because I learned Cripple Creek and that is as far as I got and gave up.

I chide Sam once in a while but I really do love to hear that banjo played, I just can't do it. I have a dobro now and fool with it when I'm not trying to learn how to cut scrolls. I'm most comfortable on a box guitar since I have more time on it but I don't play like Tony Rice, Bryan Sutton, or David Grier; sorry Sam.

Post Thanks / Like

Well here goes.
    I used to play the piano ( took about 5 years of lessons) then about 4 years ago my wedding ring caught and i lost my left ring finger (hence my user name " three finger dave")
    but i play the harmonica a bit and really enjoy it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Dave, I guess you might know it, but I lost my thumb and that thermalock is wondeful stuff. You ought to see the gizmo I made so I could still play the guitar. I have a little trouble hitting the right string sometimes, but I can still enjoy the guitar. How much of your finger did you lose? Probably at the joint where it joins the hand, right? I made a thumb first, that didn't work too good, but i kept playing with it intil I got it to work reasonably well. It looks pretty wierd, but it works. Don't give up on it, you might find some way to make it work. I almost pulled my finger off one time wearing a ring and I quit wearing jewelry. I grounded one on a battery once too and melted the sucker right on my finger. Carried that scar for many years, but you can't see it now.

Ron S

Post Thanks / Like

the percentages add up to 152.09%........Apparently were all giving 102% at everything we do.
    Johnny S.