the letter B

finn

Elite Cafe Member
Been working on a “Bâ€￾ drawing...
You think this is to busy? Too many leafs?

i think i may do one that has less leafs.

Jim Sackett

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Finn

Nice B! If you want to remove some leaves what I see is to much wight on the right side of it. It looks like its leaning to the right. If I were doing it I would take three leaves of the inside of the B, 2 bottom 1 top. Flip them horizontal and use them to make loops on the left side of the body stroke.

Jim

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I like it except for the main vertical stem. I think the top leaves will look better growing downward...it looks upside down to my eye.

I can see you put a lot of time and effort into this, and it's a very engravable design. Keep it up...I love to see this. / ~Sam

Andrew Biggs

Hi Finn

The only other thing I can suggest is to weave the design together a bit more. By that I mean the front curved part of the B is behind the main stroke. If you weave it under, over, under, over etc it takes on a more integrated look.

Cheers
Andrew

finn

Elite Cafe Member
my 2d try
I drew it before i read all your coments. but i can try again if this one is still not as good.
but here it is any ways.

sam oh i see what you mean humm yeh that would be a big change..

Andrew i see what you are talking about, after i post it and look at it your way i can see i should have put some of the main stem beind the round B part

thank you all for your input i will keep trying.

Last edited:

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
Can't wait to see your next one Finn. That's artistic talent buddy!! The more over-under, busy-leafy the better. I love an old fashioned monogram that is busy. From my study ... the vertical stem flow is generally done in same manner it is cut. As Sam suggests here ... flowing down.

If you do the entire alphabet, create a vector font ... you can cash in on this. High end fonts sell well and for very good money.

Chris

finn

Elite Cafe Member
Here is the full name Beth.. i will fill the rest of it in with black pen in the next day or so. i normaly sleep on a drawing and look at it in a few days . gives me time to notice mistakes.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Wow Finn,
That's a lot of art and design work.
Just a personal comment about the design, if I may.
In your first post you asked for comment so here is mine.
I would rather see the B used like an illuminated first letter.
And the ETH in just a beautiful, flowing script.
Just my impression, the top of the T & H gets pretty busy.
And the whole thing will be hard to read as is.
Don't mean to offend, but my two cents.

Best regards, John B.

Sponsors