King George III carved coin

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
I,ve posted 4 or 5 carved coins lately and i don,t want to overdo it, so unless you want to see a few more thur the up coming weeks i,ll slack off..This one was a commissioned carving of King George III for a collector i finished this morning , there were many different profiles of king george, i used one on a 1818 coin as the subject..

Attachments

• MVC-082F.JPG
    MVC-082F.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 221

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Please post two coins per day throughout 2007 and let's review after that. Your work is so good Iwould like to see new coins every day. DO NOT BE A SLACKER AND SLACK OFF!:)
Just my 4 bits

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
King George is probable rolling in his grave. To only be put on one coin, when he wanted his face on all
of them. So the fortunes of war. Nice job Billzack, please put on as many as you can. I'd kinda like to see
a step by step of the process, if ya got the time between jobs.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Bill: The Cafe has special rules concerning you. You are required to post a photo of your beautuiful coins at least once per week!

Seriously...there are no limits and you can post as often as you like, and I encourage you to do so. Your work just keeps getting better and better and better. This one is no exception...it's absolutely outstanding.

Steece

I agree with the guys before me!!! Please post all you can!! I also would like to see some different steps in the process and how you go about carving the features and the tools you use to do so.

Glenn, You kill me!!! I bet you were an incorrigible child....how did your mother put up with you?? I really appreciate all the color you add to the cafe.:D

Steece

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Steece, my mom had it made. At 10 months old, I got in argument with her and announced that I would be running away. She hurried and helped me pack before I could change my mind!:p She was an opportunist.

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Post, Post, Post, Post, Post...... How else are we going to get our daily fix? It is always a pleasure to see your work. It's kind of like the days leading up to Christmas in the advent calendar - I just can't wait to click on the link to see what the next treasure is.

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bill great job. I don't think Sam set any rule in the forum rules that limits posts from Kentuckians, especially with such wonderful coin carving skills.

Tira: are you still getting those little chocolate window advent calendars? That's great, I get to eat my kids candy when they don't want it. My daughter never wants it she doesn't like chocolate, she just likes to open the windows, I donno. I think she's my daughter:eek: :)
Mike

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
How about some of you other coin carvers showing us some carvings, we,ve most of the world,s best coin carvers on this forum..

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
I wish we could get Ray Cover to send us some pictures of his fountain pens he has engraved..When i see them, my thoughts are " how did he do it"..Ray also is one of the best coin carvers i know...

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i'll speak for myself here: i very much enjoy seeing your work. i have begun work on a coin, and may require a year to finish it. i don't care. but i will finish it. seeing your work, and that of the other carvers- keeps my interest in getting back to my nickel as soon as i'm able. i don't think georgie was half as good lookin as your coin !!

Latest posts

Sponsors