NMLRA Fall Shoot

lylekelley3

Hey Guys and Gals,

I don't know if anyone (besides me) will be attending the NMLRA Fall Shoot in Friendship, IN starting Sept 13, but if you do I will be working in the armory at the north end of commercial row. I will be trying to get some engraving practice in, but I don't know how much time I will have for it. See ya there!

Also, I don't know if this has been said here before, but I found a cheap canvas for engraving practice, on stainless steel. Wally World sells a cheap 8oz, SS pocket flask in their camping section, for less than $5.00 U.S. (pre-tax) and the one I bought seems easy to cut so far. I am not sure of the thickness, but I am staying pretty shallow, and background removal is probably out of the question. I haven't got any pictures yet, but maybe soon.

Lyle

Last edited:

Fred Bowen

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Lyle,
I missed the Spring shoot, but plan to be at the Fall. I spend most of my time in your neighborhood, so will make a point of visiting. I have some stuff in Cash Mfg. booth, so I will be there also. I hope other engravers show up, too. See you in a couple weeks!

Fred

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lyle and Fred,

I'd like to go primarily to meet with both of you and any other engravers who can come but I don't want to go and miss you. I can go any day except the 13th and 14th. If you two can give a time and place to meet I won't miss you or any other engravers that can be there.

Roger

Fred Bowen

Elite Cafe Member
Roger,

I will be there the afternoon of the 12th and leave the 14th. I could possibly stay over the 15th, but I have to be home that evening. If we can't connect this Fall, maybe we can work something out for Spring, although I usually go the first Friday & leave Sunday then, too.

Fred

paul horton

i will be there sun-tuesday im an amature like to meet you guys
ill be around any one engraveing
paul

Latest posts

Sponsors