The Cafe is one week old today!

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Dear Cafe members,

We are one week old today, and judging by the number of posts and thread views, you have made this a very successful first week. The first seven days have brought us a treasure trove of information, from Tira's interviews from the New York knife show with KnifeLegends.com and engraver Lee Griffiths, to an extremely valuable discussion of pricing and business in the Engraving Fees thread. Folks, this is information you can't buy or look up in a book. This is truly priceless.

As of this writing we're at 136 members and growing. During waking hours (US time) there are anywhere from 5-15+ members online at any given time browsing our forum to read your posts. If you'd like to see who's online, just click on Quick Links at the top navigation bar and then click Who's Online. This feature is only available to members, so if you haven't registered yet, please do so. Registration has its benefits, such as being able to post messages, view images, send private messages to other members, and more.

I applaud your participation and for making our Cafe's first week such a success. If there's anything I can do to make your visits more productive or enjoyable, please let me know. In the mean time, pull up a chair, relax, and have cup of coffee.

~Sam

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Happy one week Anniversary with the cafe. Break out the Mad Dog (wine):eek:
Sam I have to say publicly what I have said privately. Your dedication and enthusiasm to the art of engraving is unsurpassed by any other engraver. To put all this together with the only agenda being to share knowledge and expand the art of engraving I applaud you, and I know I'm not alone. With your tips site and forum young and old can benefit from the information.
I'm kind of a green horn to hand engraving and hope to meet many new friends on the forum. I know I will learn much from so many talented artists and with my experience at the jewelry bench hopefully I can share some of my knowledge with them.
Thanks Sam
Mike

OH I forgot to mention you are a phenomenal engraver also:D

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
I to would like to thank you for your dedication to this wonderful art of engraving. In only one week you have created a forum that will attract a wealth of information for discussion.
I hope to see more familiar names from the engravers guild join in these discussions. Thanks to all who have shared their thoughts with us.

acsimmons

You know it's funny, a couple of weeks ago I was going to try and E-mail sam and see if he wanted to get a forum going. Thanks

Anthony

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Break out the Mad Dog (wine):eek:

Too funny Mike! that sure brings back memories of my youth. If you wonder why it's called "Mad Dog" drink a bit too much and you will be on all fours!:D

Peter

guzzi

Sam:

Congrats on a gamble gone right, you had a good vision and proved it!

jeff