1873,1895 Winchhesters

joseph engraver

Elite Cafe Member
1873,1895 Winchesters

Style. I have always considered my personal style to be cleanly cut. I always made sure that in the finishing process there were no ragged edges. The figure had to look perfect. Many different cuts are needed to make ornamental engraving pleasant to the viewer’s eye. Here is an 1873 Winchester that was silver plated first, and then engraved and a1895 Winchester that was done in Germanic style, with a bit of American influence in the braided gold borders. I never received a financial reward for these two rifles. I had the bad luck of consigning them to a compulsive gambler-gun dealer in Oregon, about ten years ago. Have you seen them?

Attachments

• buffalo bill 73 (2).jpg
    buffalo bill 73 (2).jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 223
  • 85,86,73 win.jpg
    85,86,73 win.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
Those are real nice Joseph. I particularly like your use of different scroll styles on the '73.

Hey ... I know a real good "collection" agency in Southie (Boston). You won't find these guys in any phone books either.:p (thisissupposedtobesortafunnysopleasedon'tdeletethisAndrew)

Catch ya later ...

Chris

Last edited:

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
1873,1895 Winchesters

Joseph...Beautiful work..I am going to make a print out and keep it in my briefcase when I do a gun show I take a break and walk around and converse and look at the different guns so that I can have something to refer to...Can you supply me with some serial #'s? Keep up the good work.

Yours truly,
JJ Roberts

Latest posts

Sponsors