20th Anniversary bracelet

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Haven't posted a picture in a while so I thought I'd put up one of the simple bracelet I made the ever-indulgent wife for our 20th Anniversary.

We got married 08/08/1988 so it'd always be easy to remember.

As you can see from the design in the background, I kept the design of the bracelet simple as well.

The 'rest' it's on is one of my presents from her - a Benchmade pen

Attachments

• 20ann.jpg
    20ann.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 284

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Beautiful Steve! It's a very thoughtful gift. :)

We wanted to get married on 8/08/88 too, but we got married a month earlier due to my husbands schooling and Air Force commitment. It's a fun date and you did a great job with the layout for your bracelet.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks folks!

I'll use this opportunity to pass along my one bit of marital advice: backrubs.
I'm a morning person, she most definitely isn't, so I time my morning to be there when her alarm goes off (about an hour and half after mine) so I can start her day with a backrub. That way at least her day starts off good.

Tira

So, did you go with 7/7/88 then? That would also be pretty easy to remember.

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
We went with 7/10/88 - it was 8 weeks to the day after we graduated college and 4 weeks before he started law school - and seems like it was yesterday. :)

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think one thing that shows how well our marriage works is that I prefer to drive places. Places like the BLADE show, which is about 15 hours from KC. And she not only wanted to go a second time, she was disappointed that it didn't work out that we could go this year. And did I mention that she doesn't collect knives?

There are good reasons I call her 'the ever-indulgent wife'.

Some people just shouldn't be married - in some cases not to each other, in other cases just not at all.

We're a couple of the fortunate other ones. :)

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nice job, Steve,................... but boy you are in deep doodoo if you ever forget that date..........HaHaha

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ron

Why do you think I wrote it down so many times. ;)

BTW, my lettering skills have improved somewhat - at least as long as you need a 0 or an 8. Not too bad at 1, 2, and 9 either. :p

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Congratulations on your 20th Anniversary Steve and the bracelet!
We will reach our 25th on February 2009 so I should be thinking in some nice present for my wife too...
Kind regards, Leonardo.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Just reminded me...duh...that I need to get ready for my anniversary, 5-27-67. I know it isn't until May, but it takes me that long to get something done! Seriously, it did prod me to do more for Miss Mary. She has stuck with me through so much; the tic-tic-tic of hammer engraving in the next room to watching me race around a circle track like a mad man, never complaining (to me, anyway). We take our wonderful soulmates for granted so much. Thanks for reminding me how fortunate I am.

KSnyder

Elite Cafe Member
KC, a cool idea for the design border for sure. And 20 yrs. , well a milestone in itself in these days. I'm sure your wife will treasure it.
Btw, it was 39 yrs. for me on 5/17 this year, can't figure where the time went.
all the best,
Kent

Latest posts

Sponsors