Gravermister???

Jim Sackett

Elite Cafe Member
Hi All

I am considering purchasing a new Gravermister. Would like feedback from anyone who uses one.

After looking at what GRS has to offer it looks like the best deal. One concern I have about it is the speed range. This is all new to me so I need help picking the right one. Any info would be appreciated. I need something that will help me do fine letter work. Poems, songs that sort of thing on wall plaques.

Jim Sackett

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Jim: The Gravermeister is a good machine, but I would highly recommend buying a GraverMach. The Gravermeister doesn't require an air compressor, but it's noisy and can have an oily smell. The GraverMach is a much better choice as far as I'm concerned. It's quiet, more flexible, and more powerful. / ~Sam

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
I USED TO OWN 2, AND SOLD ONE OF THEM. THE ONE I SOLD was in use for maybe 30 years. i never paid attention to speed range. the machine did my delicates as well as the heaviest i ever needed. i never used the graver mach. but the meister still serves me to this day. in the 30 years i used it, you only need put an ounce or so oil in it depending how much you use it. maybe a bit of belt dressing now and then. never had problems with mine. the newer meister has improved handpieces, but i've never bought one-- iprobably should. they do last forever, well maybe almost. the long type handpiece i have will accept any size /shape graver.

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
The Gravermax SC is a solid choice. Good machine with excellent performance less a few bells & whistles, and you can add Airtact when you're ready. Also consider the new GraverSmith. It's an excellent no-frills machine that's works great. It's a step down from the SC, but works perfectly and will do what needs doing when it comes to engraving. You can also add Airtact to it if/when you want.

Any air compressor will work, Jim. A small one from Wal-Mart or Home Depot will suffice. Silent air compressors are very expensive. Noisy ones can be located in another room. / ~Sam

Powderhorn

Elite Cafe Member
Jim;
For an air compressor, beware of the oil less compressors, they are very noisy. The better choice is one of the standards that takes oil, they run a lot quieter, and will last longer. As to where to get one, look at some of the auto parts stores, Kragen. Shucks, Chief, O'Rile, Auto Zone. They generally carry small compressors.
I had got one of the 20 gallon oil less compressors, and you could hear it running from a 1/2 block away, couldn't run it at night. Got a small 4 gallon oil type from Pep Boys, for $60.00, and you can stand beside it and hold a conversation with it running.
Just make sure to get a good Air Filter/ Oil-Removal filter kit to go inline, before your GravermMach, as the they do not like any oil in there innards, tends gum up the hand pieces.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've got the GraverMach SC (or, as I say 'Slightly Cheaper').

I'm quite pleased with it. I do like the looks of the new GraverSmith with its built-in tool holders, but it's really nice to be able to switch between my Magnum and Monarch handpieces.

Latest posts

Sponsors