Tutorial contest anyone?

Daniel Houwer

Elite Cafe Member
Steve has been having contests for a few months now and this new contest is the idea from forum members.
I say its a very good idea! Just as it is a good idea for Sam to have a tutorial contest. No harm in that.
These two great minds must often get up in the morning with the same great idea! Like,
"let's have some breakfast!" :D
Both fora ar for the good of the members no? And if this is good for motivating individual engravers to do the best they can this should only make both fora more interesting and better information sources.
And who posted first, started a forum first or did something else first should not matter.

My two cents.

Daniel

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
It's not a huge deal as far as I'm concerned, but as a professional courtesy I'll withold our contest until a later date. In the mean time I have a couple of tutorials I've been wanting to get done so I'll work on them while I'm in an airport and try to get them posted.

Cheers / ~Sam

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
When you are ready have this tutorial contest, I'd really like to give a foot of 24k gold wire (.04 thickness) , purchased from Ray Viramontez, to a new engraver that produces the best work using the winning tutorial. I know a foot ain't much but drawn out for inlay it can do a lot more and when I was starting out, it was hard to afford gold.

This can be a "piggy-back" contest so-to-speak. The best tutorial and the individual who uses that winning tutorial to create his/her best. There are folks trying out the transitional scroll and posting their progress ... it can go something like that.

Chris

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i don't feel as though there's a conflict here. i participate on both forums, but way more on this one than on steves'. i cant speak for steve, or anyone else, but i don't see a problem here. anybody else see one ?

Latest posts

Sponsors