Latest Nickel

Degs

Elite Cafe Member
Just finished this little fella today, wadya think. Unfortunately I'm still scanning them, no posh camera as yet.

Wouldn't mind having ago at the ANA seminar that Joe mentioned. Looks interesting/ Would they accept overseas applications I wonder.

Cheers

Degs

Andrew Biggs

Hi Degs

Looks great!!! Love the texture in the hat and mustachio............viva Zapata!!!!

The scan works great. Whenever I've tried scanning an engraving it looks terrible.

Cheers
Andrew

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
Degs
Wow, just when I think I do a fair job of carving coins, You send us a picture of your latest work and set a new standard for coin carving..Thank you for sharing your work..

Jon C. Dake

That is awesome. One of the best faces that I have ever seen carved on a hobo. It is so realistic and lifelike, it looks like a picture. Yet another great nickel carver whose quality of work I can only hope to some day achieve.

RT Bit and Spur

Elite Cafe Member
This nickel is outstanding. I keep looking at it to see all of the elements like the shading under the hat and the folds in the scarf. There is a lot to look at in a small size.
Rod

ED DELORGE

Elite Cafe Member
Hello Degs, that is great, I want one, how much do you get for one of those? But even more I want to see you do it. what tools do you use to burnish?

Thanks Ed

Degs

Elite Cafe Member
You guys are too kind and have put a smile on my ugly mug for the day....:D

This carving just seemed to fall into place.

Bill and Steve A.... it's your work that inspired me to have ago at carving nickels, and lot of your help and advice along the way. I've still got a way to go before I reach your standards.

Ed... Some burnishing is done with miniature home made burnishers, made from drill rod that can fit in my Monarch handpiece.

Cheers guys....:)

Degs

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member
Wow!

Great carving, looks like my old room mate, Miguelito. The ANA will take applications from everywhere, but they have a $400 limit on travel reimbursement. Iäm having a great time here and I recommend it to everyone. Oh yes, we had our little art show last night and I sold most of what I brought and got several contacts for future carvings. Is this a great country or what?

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looks like everyone can see this but me. All I got was a little square box with no picture. Can anyone enlighten me here?

Mike Bissell

Elite Cafe Member
Ron - When I gop from page 2 back to page 1 I get the box with an x in it. But if I open page 1 from the main forum page, I get the picture. I'm not sure why. I hope you get to see it, I know you'll like it.

Mike

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Got it!...thanks Mike!.......... Wow, it is as good as everyone says.............

lesholmes

Elite Cafe Member
Ron,

I got the box with the x. I use a PC with Internet Explorer, I right-clicked on the box and left-clicked on "Show Picture". It popped up.

Regards,

Les Holmes

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Hi Degs, beautiful masterwork.
Tasty as a good piece of Yorkshire pud with beef and gravy!

Thanks for showing it, John B.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors