GraverMax SC vs GraverMach

Dmitry Martinov

Elite Cafe Member
Gentlemen,

I'll be very appreciated if some of you will give the main major differences between these two machines. I understand that the first will be the price. BUT, it appears that the first one can't do something than the second one. Your help needed.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Dmitry: The first GraverMax SC units didn't have a precision regulator like the GraverMach. That's been upgraded and it's my understanding that the new SC's now have the same precision regulator as the 'Mach. The SC doesn't have the throttle bias control which is a fine pressure adjustment. It's very close to the GraverMach in performance with the same range of stroke speeds, etc. You can also use Airtact with the SC.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
The throttle bias is a fine-tune air adjustment. When you use a GraverMach or SC, you adjust the air pressure with the regulator knob in the center of the unit so that as soon as you depress the foot pedal the handpiece starts to tap. After adjusting the regulator knob, the bias can be then adjusted for extremely close pressure adjustment. Some people don't use this adjustment at all, and I use it less since I began using Airtact.