Diane Scalese at Blade Show

Tim Herman

Elite Cafe Member
I had the pleasure of meeting Diane at the blade show and seeing her work up close. Amazing!! Her birghtcut and flaircut engraving is really wonderful. We are going to exchange sample plates so maybe I can use some brightcut shapes in corners and borders and such. She is also a very nice person, easy to talk to and very helpful in explaining the tools she makes for doing things easier. Learning new things always:) Thank you Diane.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I too had the pleasure meeting Diane at the blade show. Tim I don't know whether you noticed Winchester Highwall Receiver Diane was engraving for her husband...I couldn't stop looking at it. I think after she is finished with that I am sure her husband will have another one lined up for her to do. Keep up the good work everybody.

Ken Hurst

Elite Cafe Member
Tim ---- Do you think you could prevail apon Diane to give a short tutorial on her bright cuts ? I would certainly appreciate it as I'm sure other members would. Ken

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Diane has done an article for the ENGRAVER as well as video for FEGA on bright cut. The video also has a casting available as well. The back issues of the ENGRAVER are not available right now but will be in the future for FEGA members in PDF format. The videos are still available.
Rex

leschowe

Elite Cafe Member
I purchased Diane's video and casting, mentioned by Rex, from the FEGA website and
they are both great learning tools. I would recommend them for anyone who is
interested in an introduction to Western Engraving.

Diane also teaches a Western Engraving class at GRS in Emporia for a reasonable
cost. All of the required tools and practice plates are provided. I took the
class in June and it was excellent. Diane's class is very educational and fun.

Les Schowe