air leaks

Just recieved a new gravermach. Seemed simple to hook up, but when I attached the compressor it leaks air at all of the push in air connections for the 1/4 inch hoses. I didn't have much time to figure it out since it's at my store and I had to leave. Hope someone would have a simple suggestion before I go back.

Thanks, Dan

Andrew Biggs

Hi Dan.........and welcome to the forum.

As a guess, would it be a good idea to ring GRS on a workday and ask them what the potential problem/solution could be. Whatever it is, it normally is something simple enough.

Cheers
Andrew

Powderhorn

Elite Cafe Member
dansjewelrs;
The first thing that I would do is to Disconnect the hoses, and make sure they are cut square, then hook them back up. Also when pushing in, and you think your bottomed out, If you can pull back on the release rings, to help set them. If that dosen't work, call GRS.

FL-Flinter

Elite Cafe Member
Push connectors will often have a little leak to them if the hose does not exactly match the fitting - normal variations in the hose/tube making process. One of the easiest cures is to dip a cotton swab in any kind of liquid soap/detergent, squeeze out the excess and wet but don't soak the inside of the hose with it before pushing it into the connector then allow it time to dry before pressurizing the system.

The liquid will help lubricate the hose to ensure it seats all the way and when it dries, it acts as a mild adhesive sealant. When you go to disconnect the hose from the fitting at a later date, rotate the hose until it breaks free and turns on the fitting before you try to pull it out.

It's quite possible that one is metric and the other SAE, the size difference between 1/4" fitting and 7mm hose is not readily noticable but is enough to leak.

Last edited:

Sponsors