Spurs

Denny

Elite Cafe Member
Attached are some photos of spurs that I made that are going up for auction tomorrow. The spurs are part of the Buster Welsh collection that is being sold. Buster is one of nations best known cutting horse trainers. These spurs were made between 5 and 10 years ago.

Attachments

• spur 1.jpg
    spur 1.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 243
  • spur 2.jpg
    spur 2.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 185
  • spur 3.jpg
    spur 3.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 187
  • spur 4.jpg
    spur 4.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 204

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Some sweet lookin' horse irons!!! I'd love to wear any of those but I'm sure they'll go too high for me. Some rich rancher will probably buy them and hang them in his barn for decoration.

Buck Rio

rogerbar

man those are some super looking spurs, i dont know how anyone could pick just one pair. i bet bet they bring a pretty penny.
hogshooter ( roger barbee)

carl bleile

Elite Cafe Member
Roger,
If you start riding a horse at the cowboy shoots i'll see if i can get Denny to make you a pair maybe he would let me scratch something on them to match your persona.
Carl Bleile
Cincinnati,Ohio

bronc

Elite Cafe Member
Denny,
Beautiful. I am always in awe of your work. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.
Stewart

qndrgnsdd

Elite Cafe Member
Denny, super job on all, If I was a little younger and had ridden once or twice in the last 15 years I'd challenge ya to a bronc ridin' contest for a pair o' them spurs...any pair...Owen

rogerbar

well carl thats sounds like a good idea but i'm afraid i'd be in hock for the rest of my life, lol . dont know if i could get a small business loan for a pair of spurs.
roger
ps
great job denny

Christine

Denny-- love your work. I had to look at your personal profile and see if you are really a horseman as well --or just a gifted craftsman. Glad to see you into the ponies too. My gift to myself at the Dixie Nationals was a nice pair of spurs-- but nothing like yours!!!!

Denny

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you all for the nice comments.

Owen, I may take you up on that bronc riding contest. I rode saddle broncs through high school and college. I was not consistently in the money, but I did not get bucked off very often. My only problem now is that I do not bounce nearly as well as I once did.

Christine, I started spending my summers on the big ranches in Nevada when I was 11 years old. I rode with some exceptional hands over the years. The main reason I started making bits and spurs is the fine equipment I saw being used on the Nevada ranches. I couldn't afford what I wanted so I started making them. Funny thing is, I keep making myself a new pair of spurs and they always get sold before I get a chance to use them. I ride with a butt-ugly pair I made a long time ago.

qndrgnsdd

Elite Cafe Member
Denny: My Grandad was a bronc buster from Moab and taught me to ride starting about age three. he was so bowlegged that my cousin and I used to duck between his knees as a game! I'm 58 now and hardly bounce at all, but your spurs are still the best! I'm hoping to come meet you on our next trip that direction. Thank you for posting pics of your great work!........Owen

Latest posts

Sponsors