View Poll Results: Are you left handed or right handed?

Voters
248. You may not vote on this poll
  • Left Handed

48 19.35%
  • Right Handed

183 73.79%
  • Ambidextrous

17 6.85%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tira, didn't know if you could add eye dominance or even want it as part of this thread.
    And as you say, all this stuff is just interesting and not proof of anything.
    But it's fun to know how many members have the same traits.
    Best, John B.
    Last edited by John B.; 06-04-2008 at 09:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting thread, Tira. I voted ambidextrous as well.

I am left eye dominant but I write with my right hand. I shoot a rifle with my left hand, shoot a pistol with as well with either hand. I hammer as comfortably with either hand. I play pool left handed. And play guitar right handed. With power, I engrave right-handed. With H &C, I engrave left or right handed with equal mediocrity.

Given the evidence, I have to think that I was borne left-handed, but was forced to do things like eat and write with my right hand.

When I was younger I used to be more left-leaning politically speaking, but after I got a mortgage and a couple of kids, I started leaning more to the right!

5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like

Ain't this a personal question??

Alrighty then. Right handed but I'm with Joe Seely. Left eye dominant. That's ok because many right handers shoot lefty. Like Clint Eastwood.

in the land of Scrolls, somewhere between Lindsay, GRS and Ngraver
    Post Thanks / Like

very interesting thread Tira, thanks for posting it. FWIW, I am right handed, but have no eye dominance, any of the various tests I am aware of will give a diffrent result 5 minutes later at a different object.
    Scott Pilkington
    http://learn2engrave.com/scottshistory.shtml
    A gun and a parachute have a common dynamic. When you need one nothing else will really suffice.

Post Thanks / Like

Right handed and Right eyed for sure. My left eye is just along for the ride ever since I broke my head... if I try to use it I get double vision. Now THAT'S more than you ever wanted to know! ;{ )
    Robert

Post Thanks / Like

This is interesting. I am left handed, left eye dominant and left footed even. As a child however, it was assumed I was right handed, so I was taught to bat right handed when playing baseball. After enough times seeing me take the hand-me-down glove off to throw, it was recognized I was a lefty. I play golf righty, swing a bat better righty, but could never write with my right hand.

Some things I have adapted to use my right hand as well as my left such as drinking from a glass or opening a liner lock knife.

I can only control a graver (using that term loosely) with my left hand.

Peter

Post Thanks / Like

Put me down for left handed but right eye according to the test for eye domination
    an interesting thought
    several years ago my wedding ring caught on something it pulled my left hand ring finger out with the tendon still attached. The doctor said the tendon snapped off by the elbow.
    my observation is that before this happened i did EVERYTHING left handed
    after the accident i learned to adapt to using the right hand for a few things and to this day i still use my right hand more than before the accident
    i guess we can all adapt if we need to
    Dave
    Every Step of the Journey is the Journey

Post Thanks / Like

Mdgengraver, Here is the original poll about left or right handed preference.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks after I requested it

I somehow recalled this thread a long time ago.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a total SPAZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz with my left hand. Some people say I am not much better with my right hand.
    I think we should have a survey for "innies" or "outies" while we are at it. It just might make a difference.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast