New Introductions!

JayCanale

Hello All,
I would like to introduce myself. My name is Jay Canale and I have been a bench jeweler and computer programmer for the past 26 years. Computers was a hobby and jewelry was a career but 11 years ago I had the oppurtunity to switch. I still do the jewelry 3 nights a week at night.
I just finished a few weeks ago the GRS Training seminar with Chris DeCamillas and had a total blast! The man can engrave! I am slowly setting up a small spot in my basement to start some engraving on my own. My main focus on engraving will first be pendants and rings. Later on I hope to start on some knives and then move on to so guns if possible.

I am looking forward to being a family member of the Engraver's Cafe. All of you seem so helpful and are always willing to give a hand to us beginners.

Sam I think your work on ring engraving is top. I look forward to bending your ear once in awhile!

Thank you,

Jay
:rolleyes:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Hi Jay, and welcome to the Cafe. Enjoy your stay and feel free to participate often!
Cheers / Sam

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
Hello Jay!

A guy with similar background to mine, except you have much more experience :). I've been programmer for only 7 years and engraving just about 1 year.

Welcome!
Viljo

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Welcome to the forum! :)

I've been doing computers for... Lord, will it be 29 years this October? :eek:

At BLADE 2005 the GRS booth caught my eye. Kept looking at the engraved works in the magazine (and others). As we planned our 2007 trips I told the ever-indulgent wife I wanted to check out the equipment and maybe get some if not too expensive. Turned out they were at NRA so we got catalogs sent and worked out a basic setup. BLADE 2007 I bought pretty much everything but a scope, after which I sat down and actually tried engraving. Fortunately it seems like it is something I can do so in a couple weeks I'll be picking up my scope.

Looking forward to seeing your work!

JayCanale

Thank you all very much. I hope to be a life long member!!

Here is a piece that I did while I was in class. Hope you like it. The moment the graver touched the metal I was hooked!

Latest posts

Sponsors