Muzzle loading Shotgun

Christiaan

Elite Cafe Member
Well, now I also own some Italian engraving. I asked Mr. Pierangelo Pedersoli from Davide Pedersoli &Co to make me a very special 20Ga. I didn't ask for engraving as I thought I will not be able to afford the fine Italian Hand engraving. Well, can you imagine my surprise when I opened the box and there was some hand engraving by SR (don't know who it is) form Brescia, some wire inlay in the tang and some hand touch-up on the casting of the tang. Needless to say I'm very happy with my new Pedersoli 20ga Muzzle loading shotgun.

Here is some photos

He even put my name on the rib

And pick a beautiful piece of wood for the stock.

I can't thank Mr. Pierangelo Pedersoli enough for the superb shotgun.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Beautiful gun and very tastefully engraved. I can see why you are happy with it.

Pleasure to see it.

Thanks,
Peter

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That's a pretty! :)

I wonder if the engraving was done because he knew you are an engraver - and therefore would appreciate it in the way other people might not.

Christiaan

Elite Cafe Member
That's a pretty! :)

I wonder if the engraving was done because he knew you are an engraver - and therefore would appreciate it in the way other people might not.
Yes Steve, I Really appreciate it. It is one thing to see the mind boggling work on this forum but it quite another feeling to touch and see it when it is your possession. Creates a warm comfy feeling inside. My darling Strativaruis Wife just can't understand that I can feel like that about a cold piece of metal.:D

Thank for the comments. Does anyone know who "SR" is?

Monk, I tried to email you but it bounces back and says your mail is disabled. Shame, what happened to it?:confused:

Here is a closer one but I struggle with the photo things.

Attachments

• IMG_0471.JPG
    IMG_0471.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 96

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Christiaan,
Don't want to burst your bubble, but with the exception of your name on the rib, all the engraving on your gun comes standard with all Pedersoli shotguns. The only difference between yours and mine, is that my locks and tang are color-cased instead of white like yours and the wood is a bit higher grade.

Dave Kanger

Christiaan

Elite Cafe Member
Christiaan,
Don't want to burst your bubble, but with the exception of your name on the rib, all the engraving on your gun comes standard with all Pedersoli shotguns. The only difference between yours and mine, is that my locks and tang are color-cased instead of white like yours and the wood is a bit higher grade.

Dave Kanger
Thanks for the reply, Dave.
You certainly did not burst my bubble. I'm quite aware of the lazer engraving that Davide Pedersoli do on their fine standard shotguns, Double barrel guns and Howdah Pistols. In fact I was involved in the African side plates and the side plates on the Howdah pistols which has a Leopard and Warthog lazer engraved on it.

The Hammers and side plates on my shotgun are hand engraved by Master Engraver Renalto Sanzogni. (Gloria from Davide Pedersoli informed me) Yours are the standard lazer engraved. So the difference is more than just a fancy stock. The difference is the custom touches.
* Hand engraved side plates.
* Hand engraving on the rounded Hammers
* Browned barrels
* The normal "casted engraving" on the Tang and at the trigger guard are "touched up"/shaded with some hand engraving.
* There are some silver wire inlay on my gun's tang.

I did not expect the hand - and touched-up engraving, so I'm very pleased with the special touches Mr Pierangelo Pedersoli did for me. I feel extremely blessed. Certainly not Bubble bursted.

Thanks to everyone who peeked at this gun. One day when I'm big I'll get a bulino scene on a Pedersoli gun.;) Just got to talk to my friend Jacques Herbst about that.:D (Before he will be as famous and expensive as Winston Churchill, Joseph, Sam and all the other masters on this forum.)

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Christiaan
Great shotgun have a lot of fun with it, I also noticed the possables bag looks like one I have from blackpowderbags.com excellent leather gear. Dave

Christiaan

Elite Cafe Member
Christiaan
Great shotgun have a lot of fun with it, I also noticed the possibles bag looks like one I have from blackpowderbags.com excellent leather gear. Dave

Thanks Dave and Nevada,
Yes Dave, the bag is from Gary Fatheree www.blackpowderbags.com He sure makes some of the finest Leather Bags in the business. They just feel and look right.

NevadaBlue, just for you, here is some more pics of my 10ga Pedersoli Shotgun. The two of us have spend some fine and special moments in the outdoors. Usually with my three boys. I hope to spend some great time with the beautiful little 20 as well.
A dove stopped in flight.

The bag after a fantastic day with my boys in the field with our muzzle loading shotguns.

Andrew Biggs

Hi Christiaan

Beatuiful shotgun and photos.

I learnt the hard way the importance of a tight over shot wad. We were down at the range and banging away at a few clays.

Anyway, the other guys in the line were going, bang, bang, bang and my shotgun goes "poof". So we all do it again...........bang, bang, bang..........poof.

Third time lucky....bang, bang, bang.......poof!!!

At this stage therere was also quite a bit of swearing straight after the "poof"

All I could hear behind me were these howls of laughter as all the other guys had watched me load. Walking up to the line with the gun pointing to the ground................all the shot was running out of the barrels.

I'd just cut some new wads that morning and grabbed the wrong hole punch which was smaller. I was wondering why they seemed to go down the barrel so easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The joys of shooting black powder :D

Cheers
Andrew

Christiaan

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Christiaan

Beautiful shotgun and photos.

The joys of shooting black powder :D

Cheers
Andrew
Thanks Andrew. Man, you are a multi talented person. I didn't know you also shoot REAL guns. Since I started shooting Muzzle Loaders I kind of lost interest in them "cartilage guns".:D
Like you said The joys of shooting black powder

Last edited:

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Okay, no goofing around Christiaan, is that big cloud in the upper right hand corner your first shot, and you got that bird with your second shot? .....Oh, wait!! .................I believe it is just a cloud cloud. Ha ha!

My wife used to always kid me about the fact that she always could locate me in the field by that big cloud of smoke rising from the ground.

That is a nice shotgun, and like you, I hardly shoot conventional guns anymore. I love my flinters and if you want a real thrill, shooting birds with a double flintlock is a hoot. Got to be at the top of your game.

I wish you many more smoke clouds with that nice gun, and happy hours with your boys in the field. It will promote good father/son memories and that is an excellent way to teach them about the simple joys of life, so they will have something other to do rather hang out on the street.

I salute you my friend.
Ron S