Japan

robert spiers

Does anyone know anyone who can teach me Basic Engraving in Japan? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nothing on the GRS International schedule but there are some members at least somewhat nearby. They may know of some options.

In the meantime, Welcome to the forum!
:)

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I don't know about Japan's`currency but I know with the US dollar/Euro exchange and fairly inexpensive international flights it is cheaper to come to the US and take a class then it is to do it at home.

Bill Tokyo

Engraving in Japan

I'm located in Tokyo and have studied Japanese style engraving under Mr. Hijikata (a great teacher) at the local jewelery school.

Japanese and Western style engraving are totally different, although the end result is very similar. Send me a mail and I'll tell you in more detail about my experiences.

I gave up studying Japanese style engraving solely because of time restrictions. but still, I think there is a lot you can learn from my experience.

Bill

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Mr. Hijikata is fine fellow and I highly recommend him. He and 3 of his students spent a week with Abigail and I a couple of years ago.

Dbltrbl

Robert,
I am also located in the Tokyo area, unforntuately I am just starting to learn as well. But I would definitely love to meet some one in the area with similar interests.
I sent an direct Email to both you and Bill, so contact me if your interested in getting together sometime.

Latest posts

Sponsors