Hot Times at the Engrave-In

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
We are less than 3 weeks from the Engrave-In, so here are few updates and info for you.

Paul Hamler will be doing a demonstration on investment casting.

That’s a picture of some molten brass at Paul’s house last week. We will be doing the mold burn-outs Sunday afternoon and night and do a morning and afternoon casting demo on Monday. Paul will also have some of his miniature tools on-hand to talk about the methods he uses, and many of those processes are arrows for an engraver to have in his quiver.

Jason Dumars, a world class engraver from the musical world will be talking about the styles and techniques used on engraving trumpets, tubas and other thin-walled brass wind musical instruments.

Scott Pilkington , (yea that’s me) will be giving a talk on basic scrollwork designs and layout techniques.

Jim Hall, who will be cooking our pig to eat on Monday is quite a talented man in other areas as well . He is presently learning engraving, but he is known in the fast-draw community as both a gunbuilder and very fast shooter. He takes standard single actions, turns down the barrel and cylinders, replaces the outlines with aluminum sleeves, and makes the fastdraw hammers. He is also a darn good woodcarver, been know to do more than a little horse training for folks and has a couple of auto restorations on his resume as well.

Bring a favorite engraving tool and be prepared to give us a two or three minute talk about how you use it.

Need a map how to get here? Here you go
http://learn2engrave.com/Map2.jpg

If you are planning to come, please let me know ASAP, so we can keep the food count correct.

Arrival time on Sunday is anytime after about 3 until 10 or 11 when I suspect the campfire will start to die out. Anybody who wants to show up Saturday or even Sunday morning to help in last minute chores, like mowing, weedtrimming, killing the pig, then boiling and scraping it before it goes into the smoker, just give me a call, its all fun. Tom said as he mixed up another bucket of whitewash… Now where did Becky go….

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
We are less than 3 weeks from the Engrave-In, so here are few updates and info for you.

Paul Hamler will be doing a demonstration on investment casting.

That’s a picture of some molten brass at Paul’s house last week. We will be doing the mold burn-outs Sunday afternoon and night and do a morning and afternoon casting demo on Monday. Paul will also have some of his miniature tools on-hand to talk about the methods he uses, and many of those processes are arrows for an engraver to have in his quiver.

Jason Dumars, a world class engraver from the musical world will be talking about the styles and techniques used on engraving trumpets, tubas and other thin-walled brass wind musical instruments.

Scott Pilkington , (yea that’s me) will be giving a talk on basic scrollwork designs and layout techniques.

Jim Hall, who will be cooking our pig to eat on Monday is quite a talented man in other areas as well . He is presently learning engraving, but he is known in the fast-draw community as both a gunbuilder and very fast shooter. He takes standard single actions, turns down the barrel and cylinders, replaces the outlines with aluminum sleeves, and makes the fastdraw hammers. He is also a darn good woodcarver, been know to do more than a little horse training for folks and has a couple of auto restorations on his resume as well.

Bring a favorite engraving tool and be prepared to give us a two or three minute talk about how you use it.

Need a map how to get here? Here you go
http://learn2engrave.com/Map2.jpg

If you are planning to come, please let me know ASAP, so we can keep the food count correct.

Arrival time on Sunday is anytime after about 3 until 10 or 11 when I suspect the campfire will start to die out. Anybody who wants to show up Saturday or even Sunday morning to help in last minute chores, like mowing, weedtrimming, killing the pig, then boiling and scraping it before it goes into the smoker, just give me a call, its all fun. Tom said as he mixed up another bucket of whitewash… Now where did Becky go….
You got that right!!!
This year will be a learning experience, So don't miss this one...
Thanks to Scott and his family for hosting the engrave-in...
Much Fun...
Jerry Joan

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey Scott,

Could you please talk Jim into bringing a couple of his guns he has customized for quick draw? I would love to check that out up close and personal.:cool:

Ray