4. Mike (Idaho Flint) - ok
  5. Joe Paonessa (gtsport) - ok
  6. Fred Marrinan (Marrinan) - ok
  7. Viljo (vilts) - ok
  8. Dennis Reigel (Dulltool) - ok
  9. Faye (autumnwinds44) - ok
  10. Jim Sackett (Jim Sackett) - ok in 2-3 days
  11. Steve (KCSteve) - ok

So here's how we should proceed. You should send you engraving to the person under you on that list. For example Jim (Bama) should send his work to Villu, Villu should send his work to Dave (threefingerdave) and so on. Last on the list sends his stuff to the first. Please contact needed persons for address via private messages.

As of now I haven't received 'ready' confirmation from Dennis. Please let us know what's your status.

Ron White. If this thing works out well, I'd be happy to organize another EITH in the future. Maybe themed somehow, or with other learning twist... Piddling is currently hot and who knows, maybe we could get some gurus to participate too :)

Last edited:

Bob Bullard

Elite Cafe Member
Vilts
I have found a guy that I can get a 3"x2" nickel silver buckle blank for 3.00@ piece
If you are going to do this again I'll be glad to get some and send them out for what
they cost me plus postage. These are just as they come out of the stamping machine
and need some finish work and polished. This offer also stands for anyone else that
would want some. Remenber that these are more of a kit the loop and hook needs to
be attached and they are not ready as I get them
Bob

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well I got my neat plaque from Jim Sackett so if Winds44 ever sent Dennis her address then everyone should have theirs for this round.

Which would mean we can start thinking about the next round, right? ;)

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member
almost there

Well, ahhh, I still haven't sent out mine. There was this logistical problem, then there was a thunderstorm, then I got distracted by something shiny, and well, I"m almost there.

Joe
America's slowest left handed hobo nickel carver

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
I think Dennis got winds44 address. I sent out my own and my dad's pieces on Monday. Should take about 2 weeks to arrive.

A few ideas for next round, if there are interested parties.

• Hobo nickel
  • Monograms - your own initials, or whatever
  • Sculpted scrollwork
  • Design with inlay

I'm definitely interested in doing this again, I just bought 2x150x600mm (0.08x6x24 inch) copper sheet for practice plates :).

threefingerdave

Elite Cafe Member
Vilts,
I just received the engraving your father sent to me
he is a VERY talented man
I am very pleased with the engraving
Please express my thanks and appreciation to you father
Thanks Dave

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
Dave,

It's great to hear that the plate made it there. I will definitely tell him that you liked it :)

Vilts

Vilts,
I just received the engraving your father sent to me
he is a VERY talented man
I am very pleased with the engraving
Please express my thanks and appreciation to you father
Thanks Dave

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
Maybe we could start another one in the August. Let's finish first this one properly :). I think my piece hasn't arrived yet and I haven't received anything neither.

But in the meantime those who are interested in participating can throw ideas around what the next EITH should be about. As I understand then inlay is right now at the top of wishlist.

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I recieved a wonderfully carved Buf from Joe "The Lefthanded Nickel Carver" today and what a wonderful study piece-The detail and finish are remarkable Than YoU Joe-You got me grinin and studing your detail-Fred

Dulltool

Elite Cafe Member
Vilts......
A package from Estonia arrived yesterday!..... It's beautiful... I have placed your art work in a place of conspicuous display above my engraving bench.

Thank you VERY much,
Dennis