formed / engraved snuff lids

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
years ago i acquired a bunch of .030 x 3"brass disks. i decided to make snuff lids from them. a machinist friend knowing about such things, made me a set of drawings. i made a female and male die set on a lathe. i used a 6 ton bottle jack to form the lids. ended up makin several hundred. engraved flat, then formed. these fit the paper snuff cans perfectly.

Attachments

• PASPLID.JPG
    PASPLID.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

Dan Grubaugh

Cool idea Monk! Are all that you have engraved? And will they fit the "new plastic tins". I dip Grizzly and would like one to engrave it they will fit the plastic cans. Let me know how much for a couple, my father dips as well. Thanks!
Dan Grubaugh

monk

Staff member
snuff lids

are all snuff cans the same size? can you make bottoms for these, would be great to put 1 or 2 in with a cased gun.

i simply made the lids. at first there were only 2 sizes, 1 for copenhagen paper can, and the skoal plastic can. then a whole bunch of other brands come out with tiny variations in can size . also some of the plastic cans had "lips" on them which prevented a good fit of the lid. if i were to resume making them today i'd probably only make them for the cope paper can.

monk

Staff member
lids

Cool idea Monk! Are all that you have engraved? And will they fit the "new plastic tins". I dip Grizzly and would like one to engrave it they will fit the plastic cans. Let me know how much for a couple, my father dips as well. Thanks!
Dan Grubaugh

if it's the same size as copenhagen, and if the can has no lip i could do it. i don't think i'm allowed to walk on this thin ice here. i think sam doesn't allow this. if you want, jayismonk450@gmail.com

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Monk: Feel free to list these in the Buy & Sell area.

Abigail chews copenhagen and might want a custom engraved lid. / ~Sam

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
man your a lucky fellow to have a woman who can chew and spit. i looked for 23 years for the woman of my dreams. i told the guys i worked with, that if i ever found a lady who met me at the door after work like my dog did, lick my hand and wiggle her behind, id marry her. been married 5 years now.

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
Dan, lots of them around, as far as the obedience thing, you mean trying to get them to roll down the car window before spitting !!! i think only the southern girls do that ............

monk

Staff member
I AINT ONE TO CAST ASPERSIONS ON SAM, OR CALL HIM A LIAR -- BUT I KNOW HIS WOMAN CHEWS MAILPOUCH ! go look at the ms. bunny rabbit foto. her teeth are too clean for copenhagen !

monk

Staff member
and besides, lest you all forget, ladies and gentlemen don't spit----- they reduce salivation to the point that such rude behavoir is not required !

walsh_silver

Monk, if I may ask, is there any way I could ask for those designs, or buy a set of blue prints off of you? or buy some dies from you?

Latest posts

Sponsors