Elite Cafe Member
Here is a coin i carved for a collector yesterday..i named him Ollie

Attachments

• MVC-072F.jpg
    MVC-072F.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 156

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
William, i get my background 75% smooth with a #37 flat push graver [ no heel ] and then use four different grit sanding sticks to finish it.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
beautiful job, Bill. Excellent field and detail. I like the texture on the hat, too. What do you use to cut the hair?

William Grubb

Elite Cafe Member
Bill,
I thought you must polish it with stones or paper ,Looks great I'm going to do another one ,and
try that myself. I've did a couple ,and stippled the back ground ,they just don't look right.
Thanks for the info.:rolleyes:

Bill

I've always loved your work it's been almost a year I've been online, would post pic's now and then on the MSN forum, it was a tuff year with my wife's cancer and just haven't had the time. It's nice to see you in this forum I just found it the other day and am glad I did it's helping me get excited about hand engraving again seeing your work says YES THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT Great job my friend (My name on msn is ronengraver ) just incase your not sure who’s writing this

God Bless
Ron Proulx

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Good looking nickel Bill. Love the hat. I think when you hit 1000 you need to be put in the OHNS hall of fame, or now:)
Mike

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
Sam, i use my gravermax with a graver make from a grs carbide blank, 50 deg. face, 15 deg.heel, the width is about 1mm... Think back a few years, you were the one who showed me how to cut hair on a hobo nickel when i took a grs engraving class with you as my teacher..

Sam

Staff member
Bill: Well, you're getting very nice detail in the hair, so I had to ask! Beautiful coin, my friend.

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
Sam, i,m still using the stipple tool you had grs to make up for our class and it,s what i used to texture the hat on "Ollie "..

Sam

Staff member
Ken: They're just 1/8" carbide sharpened to a needle point. You can make one yourself.

CUTTING METAL

Not surprised to see another super great coin from the man himself. Keep up the wonderful work and Happy New Year to you and Patsy from Ol' Virginia.
This coin has Bill Jameson written all over it and what a great one for the collector.

Dick

Latest posts

Sponsors