book section /photos

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
more books on the craft, plus a couple of castings from FEGA. ROGER, maybe we tend to get the same type books because we happen to live in the same area, and we come from the same time frame...

Attachments

• 100_1173.jpg
    100_1173.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 100_1174.jpg
    100_1174.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 150

Kevin P.

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Richard, are these Bergling books available? After looking at this thread I did a search and the only J M Bergling I found was "Alphabets" 64pp. at $125.
The Metropolitan Art Museum sometimes sells off what isn't moving. I got "Heroic Armor of the Italian Rennaissance" a beautifully published book for very little, but I don't remember off hand. The metal work is astonishing. I also got "Wm Morris by Himself", mostly a book of designs, from the 'Met". I've paid as little as $1 for a HB book.
I found "Corner & Border Designs 1900" in a used book store. It was publ in The Netherlands, a great idea book for engravers .
Kevin P

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
Went to an ARTS AND CRAFT festival over the weekend, and of course, they hed a few good books that pertain to muzzleloaders and scrimshaw work. I was extremely happy to find The Muzzleloading Caplock Rifle by Ned Roberts on 10/19/09.

Attachments

• 100_1444.jpg
    100_1444.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 100_1446.jpg
    100_1446.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 100_1447.jpg
    100_1447.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 98
  • cap-lock muzzleloaders.jpg
    cap-lock muzzleloaders.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
One of our members here, Mark Thomas, has an embellishment section in , Following The Tradtions, copyright 2007, by Gordon Barlow,another must-have for the muzzleloaders amoung us..
This is the newest title: American Engravers by Roger Bleile

Attachments

• following the tradtions.jpg
    following the tradtions.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 68
  • American Engravers.jpg
    American Engravers.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Gargoyle

Official Cafe Stone Carver
This is one of my favorites, Pugin's Gothic Ornament. You can find the dover reprint for around $11 or $12, but the 1838 original is one of my prized possessions. The quality of the paper and engravings is so much nicer on the old one... :)

The images apply more to what I do in stone, since the shading and draftsmanship conveys so much information, but it will also be well worth the price for the rest of you.

Attachments

• pugin.jpg
    pugin.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 69

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
Finally completed my American engravers set, thanks to a good friend..A first edition,speacial authors copy, 152 of 250... Alot of preserved history here... PLUS, a new arrival, Art and Design Fundamentals by Lee Griffiths, 14 0f the first 100... Also--theses two dvd"s will even help the beginner and the more advanced.... AND, me pretending I know something....

Attachments

• american engravers 1980.jpg
    american engravers 1980.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 79
  • art and design fundamentals.jpg
    art and design fundamentals.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 70
  • art and design--scrolls.jpg
    art and design--scrolls.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 69
  • The Engraver.jpg
    The Engraver.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

take-down

Elite Cafe Member
Hi All
As a new member to this forum, I have found this thread to be fantastic.
Be great if it was a sticky but understand posts like this would soon over load that section
What is the best way to save on your computer so that you can regulary access I have tried bookmarking & saving to favorites with other forums but lose it as it moves around on the forum, Maybe I am doing it wrong
any advice would be great Thanks
Cheers Graham

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
If I were beginning a library, I would use "Engraving Historic Firearms" by John Schippers, and Bob Meeks book,"The Art of Engraving", as the basic foundation and build from there...Mr. Schippers is easy to understand as a teacher..His sharpening tools is a big plus for new beginners, no confussion,just down-to-earth talk....

Attachments

• engraving historic firearms by J.Schippers.jpg
    engraving historic firearms by J.Schippers.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 81
  • learning gun engraving.jpg
    learning gun engraving.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
Not computer savvy and cannot post this listing for this thread unless I wrote something on it. Many ,many thanks to Roger Bleile for taking the time to post his numerious collection of engraving books on this thread. It sure made it more interesting !!

Sponsors