+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finished design?

I have made countless changes since my last post. One of the big challenges was consistency from panel to panel and month to month. With your fresh eyes is there something that doesn’t look right or doesn’t flow? Suggestions fo improvement? BTW, the psuedo black leaf top lever was just for fun.

Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Dan
    To my aging eyes the cat on the bottom looks a smidge to large it looks crowded and just needs a bit more visual breathing room

Post Thanks / Like

Such beautiful design work, Dan! Bravo!!

Join me on Facebook

Sam on Instagram

:::: Leave more than you take ::::

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Marty. It is tough to get the proportions right. I am not even sure leopards hunt from trees and how dense the folliadge would be. Some photo’s l’ve seen looks like they do. I’ll tweak him and re-post.

Thanks Sam.

Post Thanks / Like

Increased the size of the impalas and freed up the cat a bit.
    Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Looks much better Dan but the cat i was mentioning was the face on the action bottom

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I see. Maybe pull away from the ears a little. I was also wondering about the curve of the bottom metal and pulling the scrolls back may help that too?
    Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

On the left frame scene....you are almost getting what is called a merger. Mergers can be bad What is happening the tree is almost coming out of thebanimals head move it tomthe left a bit tomgive them both some room lee and i discuss this all the time

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to ask a "Q" I am by no means an engraver, still when I have time doing a bit on practice plates
    The "Q" is it ok to have uneven scrolls one above the other as under the cats head
    to my eye they are not tapered down in an even reduction and not in line which stands out compared to the symmetry of the cat

Post Thanks / Like

Dan,
    Beautiful work, but I suggest you look at creating more negative space and concentrate on the transition between objects aka Phil & Simon Groggan's work. I agree with previous comments that your main cat is too large and should perhaps be made slightly smaller and not touch the sides. Your subsequent work to create space around the cat was great. Looking at the tree scene, the transition between the scrolls and tree / grass appears confused. Again, I suggest perhaps that you create negative space between the two, that will allow you to finesse the tree and gradually build the grassy foreground. Overall, a stunning design.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast