+ Reply to Thread
    Post Thanks / Like

Default GRS Acrobat Microscope Stand ---or--- Ebay Chinese knockoff????????

The GRS Acrobat stand is well over $500.
    An identical-looking Chinese stand on Ebay can be found for about $200.

Is the GRS stand made in China? If so, what advantage is there to paying 2-3 times as much to GRS as I would pay to a Chinese company?

I was given a tip to buy the Ebay Chinese stands because "they are just as good." Does anyone else have experience with these "knockoffs"?

I wouldn't skimp on a Chinese microscope over a quality Meiji, but for the stand, it seems as though the GRS and knockoffs are identical.

Post Thanks / Like

Chinese grs is a tool of very poor quality. It's just a fake and even such type of tools as holders don't deserve of spending money. I saw in youtube like some bloggers try to promote it as 'not bad', but it's all just a garbage. Original grs always produced only in the USA. I had experience with one chineese holder and it fell and crashed my microscope. Since then I would never in my life advice to anyone to buy chineese tools.

Post Thanks / Like

The chinese holder is just lookalike but in fact it's absolutely not the same as the original. Binding of parts is inflexible and must always be regulated over and over again. In some months bolts and springs carroded. Adjustment became so difficult that just fray my nerves. I'd had it really. Now I bought used original acrobat and it's ok, works fine.

+ Reply to Thread