Which grs equipment to buy ?

Winters

I am new guy in engraving. i woul like to buy a ball vice for engraving and use it to Leica A60 with versa. I dont now what lens to use because i can not try it i dont heave it in my country.
I think to buy a magnablock and satellite turntable over the Positioning Vice.

What do you think guys. Soory aboute bad english :)

I would use it to jewerly and some buckle belts maybe some knife.

Thanks

Last edited:

Borzzza

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Winters,

If you are planing to engrave jewellery and some small things perhaps standard GRS vice will be enough + a turntable (it can be GRS or a cheeper one Shimpo's banding wheel) for working on a jeweller's bench (with one drawer or cut-out to put working surface lower.
Better option would be GRS Satellite turntable + GRS standard vise.

Good luck!

Borzzza

Elite Cafe Member
Regarding lens - you mean objective lens? 0,5 or 0,63 will both be ok for you)
And check to have led lights circle for microscope, very helping.

Winters

I think a Standard or Magna and satellite turntable. In bigger vise i can do small stuff,in smaller vise i can not do biger stuff OR ?

Is there a big difference between Standrad or Magna in work,i now aboute a size.

Borzzza

Elite Cafe Member
I think a Standard or Magna and satellite turntable. In bigger vise i can do small stuff,in smaller vise i can not do biger stuff OR ?

Is there a big difference between Standrad or Magna in work,i now aboute a size.

Microblock is small, standard is perfect for all general works small and medium - I believe perfect to begin with. Magna is mainly for guns, large long parts, you can always buy it later as a second vice for some big works) I guess when you get more professional you will need couple of blocks anyways.

Regarding working comfort you should consider the weight of the block too, you will have to move your block around satellite table all the time when working under microscope. When I say all the time I mean it))

Borzzza

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks. I ll buy a Standard vise than. Do i need Attachment Set for vise ?

I would say start with termolock on a wooden block, it's good for small, flat and non-standard shaped jewels. You will see further in your work if you need some other specialized work holding sets, and you will have a better idea what exactly you need)

Btw where are you from?

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I prefer hot melt glue on a wood or metal block, the standard accessory kits do not have much use. MTC
Also lead, wood, or leather in the vise jaws hold a lot of stuff. YMMV

Winters

Thanks Thanks Thanks to all, Standrad vise and termolock or Hot Melt glue.

Now i have only one option to buy a Leica A 60 0.63 and versa acrobat is that good combination and sattelite turntable of course.?

Borzzza

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Thanks Thanks to all, Standrad vise and termolock or Hot Melt glue.

Now i have only one option to buy a Leica A 60 0.63 and versa acrobat is that good combination and sattelite turntable of course.?

Perfect! Leica is best microscope you can get.
If you are ordering everything at once you can order both 0.63 and 0.5 lenses, to be able to choose what suits you best.

Best of luck!

Latest posts

Sponsors