New guy introduction

newfiebackflip

Hello all!,

I am another new guy and just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

I currently live in the Halifax, Nova Scotia area; so if there is any engravers here please say hello and maybe we can meet up sometime.

I am looking forward to learning and will do my best to use the search function before posting any questions. I currently have 0 tools and will be looking to get some when I can scrape up some free cash. So for the most part I will be reading, watching and learning from you all.

Have a great day

Darren

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Welcome to the Cafe Darren and best of luck on your journey into the world of engraving.
I'm glad you found this forum and feel sure you will receive much help, encouragement and information here.

monk

Staff member
welcome. it's refreshing to hear from a newbie that has your attitude. i guess just about everyone here started with no tools. tools are important, but the most valuable is the pencil and drawing paper. one planning to get serious about this art should also get serious about drawing and principles of design. good luck. enjoy the ride !

Fred Hornshuh

Hi Darren! I'm a new member too. Trying to navigate the site. Welcome to the wonderful world of engraving. I've been at it for a while but am humbled by the talent and expertise of members of this forum. Feel free.to contact me on this journey. Looking forward to learning along side of you. The best of luck to you! Fred Hornshuh.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
Hi Darren! I'm a new member too. Trying to navigate the site. Welcome to the wonderful world of engraving. I've been at it for a while but am humbled by the talent and expertise of members of this forum. Feel free.to contact me on this journey. Looking forward to learning along side of you. The best of luck to you! Fred Hornshuh.

Welcome to you Fred.
Hope you and Darren can team up and inspire one another.
Your network becomes a valuable asset and the Cafe will play a big part in it.
If you can take some formal classes or seminars networking with fellow classmates is also an invaluable part of the learning curve.

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
Hi darren,
I.m in Pictou, NS.currently using a lindsay classic, but also have a meister. I have a number of books by SHaun Didyoung, Lee Griffits, and Ron Smith. Take a look and decide which ones would be best for you. If you would like to try either one and get together to discuss engraving e-mail me at donhicks45@outlook
.com
I think engravers are pretty scarce here in NS, good to see you’re interest. Happy to give you a tour of my digs.
Regards
Don

Last edited:

Sponsors